ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help needed - Where on earth has this bolt come from?????

coiled 'berg
my dad removed the undertray to check out a driveshaft problem yesterday, and found this floating around on the undertray!! it looks pretty purposeful to me and i'm a little concerned......
4225539b.jpg

a little clue as to what this is for, would be appreciated!! :S

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Looks like one of the bolts that either goes into the cambelt cover part of the top engine mount, or the ones that hold the metal bracket to the top gear box mount.

coiled 'berg
so where do start looking to try and see where it has come from? underneath, top, o/s, n/s rear etc???

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
The other location isn't so easy to notice, the one Danny and I mention... but it is a more likely place for it to drop into the under tray.

Underneath the battery and airbox.

inferno 182cup
an when was the last time u had the shield off... also some one could of droped it then put another one in out of the magic draw lol

coiled 'berg
That's what I'm hoping! First point of call is to have a Check at the mount under the battery then I think.

coiled 'berg
Seriously!, could the car be running 1 short or do you think it has been replaced and the old one just left there?.

coiled 'berg
this is the lower alternator bolt!, tried to put it back in but doesnt want to go easily. i dont want to force it or whatever. is it an easy fix in the garage??????

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
You'll need the Nut too to lock it off won't you?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Wrong head - Renault use Torx for cylinder heads now-days. It's deffo an alternator or gearbox bolt that

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
That same bolt came lose on my Mk1 F4R conversion and managed to eat itself into the wiring loom (starter/alternator main cable) which melted my whole loom :(