ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help my ill Clio DCI 80!

'06 MK3 Clio 1.4L
Hey all,

Been having this problem with my dci for a while but thought nothing of it, anyway let me explain...

For a while now, when going at high speed or high revs, ill get multiple warning lights appear on the dash (glow plug light, emissions light? :S, and stop light), and when this happens the power of the car seems to drop (limp mode? lol)...

At first i thought this may have been an issue with my tdi-tuning box, but even without it the problem still persists, i keep losing power once them lights come on the dash, and they only seem to come on when going high speed (5th gear @ 70-80mph+) or when at high revs at lower gears (happens mostly when at high revs in 3rd gear)...

Anyone have any idea of whats causing this? i been reading on renaultforums.co.uk etc and a few people have/had the same problem but theres no info about a fix...

I have run some injector cleaner through the system but didnt seem to help, do the glow plugs maybe need changing? could it be the fuel filter etc? as its been a while since the car has had a full service, its going in for one this week anyway...

All help is appreciated :)

Oil Burner
From memory this is a sensor fault, epr or ebp sensor or something, cant remember the exact acronym.

CLIO DCI 100BHP
Hi did you find out the problem coz i have same thing too.read so many threads and answers doing my head in if i follow them all will be bankrupt lol.Couldnt even get the garage to read the fault codes all they said was took off old fault codes.So new garage wanted i think.
One suggestion from the cliodci.net forum was a leak in the boost pipework somewhere.