ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hello

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Hi!
Decided to join after a while of owning my Ph1 172.
Bit of a long story to why I bought this car! Basically it was the family track day car, then I decided to sell my everyday car (an awesome Skoda Felicia) but needed to sell it first before I could buy, but would be car-less and living away from home for the summer I sort of needed one. So my stepdad said I could use the Clio for a bit back in July until I saved up a bit. Was looking at getting a large diesel estate car (Laguna/A4/5 series...) to do the long drive up to North Wales from Reading to where my (ex) girlfriend lived. Then I had to pay rent and deposit on a house so the car fund went....then there wasnt a need for an economical "boring" car so decided to buy the Clio! Basically I had a 6 month test drive in it!

So the car....as you can see from the pictures its a Ph1 172 and its pretty cool! It was bought October 2012 to replace the Mk 1 Fiesta,which had a 2ltr Zetec and stripped out/caged, track car to be a bit more practical as that needed towing on a trailer and the Clio didn't. Was stripped out and bucket seats were fitted. No idea why brown seats were fitted, I think the fact they were £80 for the pair was something to do with it. Lowered 40mm to compensate for the reduction in weight and sort the ride height out. No idea what the exhaust is, came with the car. And a massive set of Brembo front discs and pads. Apart from that it is standard. Weight 859kg which is not too bad!
it is the daily commute (12miles each way on B and A road), and living in the middle of Reading the pot holes and speed bumps are a little uncomfortable! Apart from that it is brilliant! Get 38-41mpg on the way to work, more on motorways (or 21mpg at the last track day :-/ ). I know it isn't going to win and shows as there are some marks on it, the front bumper is a bit flakey, but mechanically it is sound.

There are a few jobs that need doing. O/S front shock is leaking and need to source a new one. Want to get the roof done black and the wheels also as whoever painted them did a shocking job on them. Not sure what colour for the wheels.

But anyway, thanks!!

IMG_0225_zpsce328e80.jpg

IMG_0228_zpsb51a56c1.jpg

IMG_0226_zps453be540.jpg

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Welcome along

Brown seats are a bit different, but for £80 can't complain

Intrigued about the massive set of front Brembo discs and pads, you put a kit on or fitted Brembo 4 pot cailpers from another car like the Clio 197/200 or Megane 225/230?

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
I was a bit sceptical with the seats as I had no say in them! Also good as if I get covered in mud when I go mountain biking it doesn't show up!

Not really sure what the brakes are. I came home from uni one weekend and was told a new set of brakes had been fitted. All I know is that they cost £200. They are very good!!

Mrk 2 Clio 172
Just noticed, your Reg is only a few numbers out from my own clio ph1 172.. Probably registered at the same garage, had mine almost from new. If you get the roof done in black, post a picture.. Thinking of redoing the roof gloss black.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Just noticed, your Reg is only a few numbers out from my own clio ph1 172.. Probably registered at the same garage, had mine almost from new. If you get the roof done in black, post a picture.. Thinking of redoing the roof gloss black.
I saw a bumper on sale here with the reg "X894NGN"and I had to double take thinking someone had stolen my bumper!! I've got a private plate on now.

Welcome @KitsonRis
Make sure you get yourself along to the South Central Meets. There's one down in Reading next week I believe!
I will see what I am doing next week. Been a member for over a year and yet to come to a meet!!