ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

heater not working in my clio , please help

bmw 318ci coupe
last nite i had the heater on full to demist the windows , when stopped at the garage for petrol and started it again, there was nothing, the dials on the heater etc all still light up, and everything else still works, just no blower, i have checked all the fuses and all are fine, anyone have any other help,

thanks in advance, Gav

bmw 318ci coupe
just noticed that there is some gunky stuff at the bottom of my coolant bottle, could that be a possible problem? please help, its freezing over here lol

172 A Cupwork Orange™
the heater matrix is behind the dash and is a sod to get out dash has to come out

the heater matrix is blocked or broken i would say

172 A Cupwork Orange™
its inside in the middle you need to basicly rip the dash out to get to it it is the dci thats knackered aint it ?

if u need a new1
ebay special
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Renault-Clio-...7376861QQihZ006QQcategoryZ10410QQcmdZViewItem

£47.50 £8.99 postage

heater matrix very prone to corrosion, if the cooling system has been neglected matrix will slowly clog solid beyond repair.

i'd hate for you to remove your dash for no reason lol
because its not blowing at all has got me thinking it may be the heater blower its self basicly the motor,

without actualy looking at your car etc thats about as much as i can say lol

Last edited:
  bmw 318ci coupe
right i have taken out the actual heater blower unit, from under the scuttle panel, a right bastid to get out, tested it on a battery and its blowing perfectly, what else could it be?

ValverInBits
well does the car work the heater blower

Connect it up and see if the car will power the blower motor, that'll give more clues.
Is the engine heating as it should?

bmw 318ci coupe
no mate thats the whole problem , it works with the direct power from the battery but when i put it back in and connect the switch on again it doesnt.

yea the engine is heating as it should,

im thinking could it be something to do with the actual unit where the dials are, (where you adjust the heat and power)???

ValverInBits
On my Mk1 the resistor pack was built into the side of the blower. I'm not so sure if it is that, becuase all the resistors in there are bypassed if the blowers are set to full on the dials.

Have a poke around with a voltmeter - thats the best bet