ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

heated mirrors?

mk4 golf gt-tdi
do 172`s have heated mirrors?

put my heated rear screen on today and the snow melted on the wing mirrors mega quick.

clio 182 black /gold
You just answered your own question. Next time touch the glass to see if it is warm.

Lots of Alfas
They work in my car but I always find in Clios the side windows steam up really quick so you cant see much anyway.

STI JDM
wtf, after 2 years of scraping frost off, they are heated!
Mind you, took me 6 months to discover the mutli changer under the passenger seat! :S

Mini Cooper S sport
I never knew the heated mirrors worked by switching on the heated rear windscreen :eek:
In fact I wasn't even sure the car had them. Oh well...

Dont worry JonJon, you'd be suprised by the amount of people that didnt realise they had a changer until they went to hide something from the missus under the seat!! ;)

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
BMW's used to have heated drivers door locks before the remote controlled alarms became standard.

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
The washer nozzles on BMW and Porsche are heated to stop them freezing up.

There was an accessory made years ago by Lucas that used a mini immersion heater in the water bottle to stop it freezing up, or more likely, thaw it out.

I made one for a MGB I had, that used the engine heat via a copper tube heat exchanger, it worked fine in Winter and in Summer the washers were like a steam cleaner.