ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HAZARDous problem

17RS2'd Cup
My hazards wont go off!
At the minute im having to drive with no indicators because i have had to take the fuse out.
It is deffinately not the switch. Ive had that problem before.
I have taken the switch off and they still stay on. With the fuse out and the switch connected, when i turn the electrics on the hazard switch still blinks as if they were on with the switch in the on and off position, even though the fuse is out.
I am i little reluctant to take it to renault because i know they charge me the moon, and with christmas here I can do without that bill. Does anyone know what the problem is or a quick solution? Not fussed about hazards for the time being, I just really need my indicatores for obvious reasons.
Thanks

Lionel Richie
any weird electrical problems - UCH

cups are terrible for it for some reason, light weight soldering i guess

17RS2'd Cup
what is this uch? I read about that being a problem while searching for an answer. also wasnt there a temp fix? disconecting something? where do i find it and how do i take it out?

Ive just had the same problem on Friday after driving in heavy rain. After doing a search on here I found water in the siren is a common problem. Removed the scuttle panel and wipers, removed siren and checked it all over - all pretty dry. Cleaned and greased contacts and put it back together and the fault came back on. Stripped the wiring to the siren back and found two soiled joints that we're full of water. They were located just after the alarm wiring enters the scuttle area from the engine bay, and they actually get 'squashed' by the scuttle when you close the bonnet because whichever numpy installed the alarm for Renault did a $hit job!! Dried and re taped the loom and touch wood it's all been ok so far.

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
does the switch work?
alot of time they fail on the phase lift models and wont switch back off had a few of them go whilst doing an mot normally jam a bit of paper under the switch to hold it pressed in works till a new switch can be got.

17RS2'd Cup
Right, I removed the wipers and scuttle panel and realised I dont know what the UCH is or where it is. I dont know what the siren is or where it is and i dont know where the alarm is. I remember reading about a triangle shaped panel which i took off whatever its attached to, then I unplugged it and put the fuse back in but they still come on. just so you know the switch isnt attached. I am stuck and feel like I might have to take it to renault, which I really dont want to do.
Can anyone help me in any way please?

17RS2'd Cup
OK, thanks guys. I disconnected the box under the scuttle panel and the hazards still came on, so not that. I found the UCH, I disconnected the furthest awat connector and the hazards stoped. So I'm guessing its that. However, my indicators dont work with that disconnected. Is there any way i can have that disconnected but still use my indicators?