ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

hazard switch? help pleeeaase!!

clio 172 cup, aprilia rsv
ive been having a problem over the past week with my 172 cup thats really starting to get on my t*ts!! the right hand indicator is stuck on but every now and again will go off. The car went into renault for a service yesterday and they insisted on changing the hazard light switch (and charged me nearly £60 for the priveage!!) i told them i though it might be a problem with the UCH as the indicator used to come on with the d/s window switch pulled up, but they didnt want to know. The indicator stopped flashing after i picked the car up with the new switch fitted but later that day it started again!!:mad: Is there anything else i can check? some say it might be something to do with the alarm under the scuttle panel or possibly the stalk? wana try everything b4 i get a ne UCH. also where do i stand with renault seeming as they have fitted a part that hasnt actulaay fixed the problem?
any help or advice welcomed

Discounted 1*2 parts
sounds like an UCH problem to me. If the hazard light hasn't fixed it take it back and they should diagnose for free

cheers for the quick reply m8, i thought it might be the UCH as when i was messing around with the wires the other day i could stop it but couldnt keep the wires in the right position to make it permanent! ill ring renault and see what they say, bit miffed at spending £60 for nothing. do you know if i unplug the hazard switch from the back will that cure it? just seems odd that changing the switch fixed it for a few hours...

i hate coincidences! ican you take a uch apart and find faults? or is it mico electronic kinda stuff??