ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

have u guys heard of a new clio 182 engine mod by ktec

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
£3k for a turbo conversion
+
£1.5k for some throttle bodies
=
empty wallets.

no point spending that extra for the throttle bodies when you can get sufficient power from a turbo alone. not sure how much ktec actually charge mind so may be more than what ive just said

Renault 5 Turbo
The ITB's are modified with the butterflies removed and sealed for boost pressure, and a single throttle fitted to the jenvey inlet, and defo forged bottom end ;)

Ollie's Silver Cup
iirc, it's 'bodies with the butterflies removed.

The spec/photos/info is on k-tec's website, under projects.

The car was at FCS; looked a serious build!

5800560344_978443a2ed_z.jpg

Megane 225 F1
For a tuning company it's a good idea to create to show that they can do it, but for someone to actually pay them to do that is a big waste of money.

BMW 118d
I've driven my best mates Forged C20LET Nova GSi running a T34 dual roller bearing turbo which ran 422bhp, even with
A F28 6speed and Quaffe diff you can't get any power to the road. That kind of power is unusable especially round a
Track.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
8-9K on Clio engine mods? F*ck that!!
I'd just buy a faster car instead, one that can lay a decent amount of power down without the gearbox exploding.

GB 182 FF
That simply looks like they wanted a higher flowing plenum based intake manifold and bizzarly the jenvey plenum + TB's was possibly the best value way of doing it.

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
i can see why they did it , based on a marketing ploy.. to show what they are capable of. but tbh search many car forums/ projects and you will see bigger and higher powered projects being taken up by unprofessional's in there garage's etc.

also why they ran itb's rather than a custom plenum boggles me.

ITB'd MK1
also why they ran itb's rather than a custom plenum boggles me.

they're not ITB's really, they've had the throttle plates removed, so they're just runners. The Jenvey turbo plenum is a superbly designed piece of kit thats being incresingly used on massive power builds on a lot of cars. I lost count of the engines at Autosport last year that had them on. Proper

clio sport 172
wait 12 months/until hte next project and buy the car on ebay for peanuts! If i had stuupid amounts of cash i would do it, sleepers FTW!

Mk5 golf gti
Sounds like a s**t idea to me.

good to see new things getting developed though.

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
If as Danny hints this is a conversion costing approx 18K then its verging on ridiculous.

I managed to build my 374bhp Trophy for comfortably less than 5K (not including the car oviously), so to spend a further 13k to achieve an extra 26bhp is a joke.

Thats if it is actually running 400bhp...........

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
they're not ITB's really, they've had the throttle plates removed, so they're just runners. The Jenvey turbo plenum is a superbly designed piece of kit thats being incresingly used on massive power builds on a lot of cars. I lost count of the engines at Autosport last year that had them on. Proper

ah right got ya, so whats it running something like a jenvey single TB ?Dont think i have seen the Jenvey plenum's but i take it there a similar design to the likes of Nortech etc ?
A mates using the Nortech one on his 700bhp (goal)c20let astra build.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Ah case of "Why not?" imo but I doubt they've done it expecting to be bombarded by customers for it, more as a technical showcase. It'll no doubt impress many people and get them talking about the company. Like we are! I'll be amazed if anyone actually does it though.

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
ah right got ya, so whats it running something like a jenvey single TB ?Dont think i have seen the Jenvey plenum's but i take it there a similar design to the likes of Nortech etc ?
A mates using the Nortech one on his 700bhp (goal)c20let astra build.

I'm gonna throw it out there but I expect they'll retain the OE throttle body to show case the Gen90 ecu capabilities.

Ah case of "Why not?" imo but I doubt they've done it expecting to be bombarded by customers for it, more as a technical showcase. It'll no doubt impress many people and get them talking about the company. Like we are! I'll be amazed if anyone actually does it though.

Well if you like this your gonna love mine when its finished :D

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
I'm gonna throw it out there but I expect they'll retain the OE throttle body to show case the Gen90 ecu capabilities.

yeah good point i guess the OE TB will flow 400bhp nicely.Although if there going for a a technical showcase then a Jenvey item would show a little more of what's available, seing as people already know there GEN 90 can retain the FBW setup.

Vectra
this might be a bit off topic but can someone explain as it may concern this a little , Renault 172/182 owners that modify the 2L giving it turbos and ITB's and Remaps etc... how come a corsa owner can upgrade say a 1.4 SRi to the Z20Let 2L turbo and they come out with 300-400BHP and 172/182 owners are lucky if they hit 300BHP ?