ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

have u guys heard of a new clio 182 engine mod by ktec

53 Clio's & counting
Do you know how much it costs to get a LET to a reliable 400bhp? ALOT

You can get a 1*2 to big bhp without too much £££ but it wont last long, like the Vaux

Plus as it is already turbocharged, it is easier to buy better parts - there isn't a huge market for turbocharged 1*2's

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Wouldnt suprise me if you came back with 1000bhp Steve, really nice turbo build,yours ;)

Nah not that much, I'll leave those kind of figures for Scoff, but it'll be 400bhp+ easily. My old turbo system is long gone now, I stripped the car down in Jan for it's new build but ended up needing an OP which put me out of action for 4 months :( it was supposed to be ready for RTOC national day and FCS in June but obviously that didnt happen. I should get it back from the fabricators this month and it's a full new set up that has never been done to a clio before........ :D

yeah good point i guess the OE TB will flow 400bhp nicely.Although if there going for a a technical showcase then a Jenvey item would show a little more of what's available, seing as people already know there GEN 90 can retain the FBW setup.

True, just had a quick look on there project page and it is DBW

Vectra
Do you know how much it costs to get a LET to a reliable 400bhp? ALOT

You can get a 1*2 to big bhp without too much £££ but it wont last long, like the Vaux

Plus as it is already turbocharged, it is easier to buy better parts - there isn't a huge market for turbocharged 1*2's

yeah Z20Lets aren't cheap you need deep pockets to even run them , say you spend £3500-4000+ am not sure on the prices for a a decent Z20Let professionally fitted etc..but you wont come across many faults with them if you buy decent parts....with 172/182's people on here spend a good bit of cash on ITBs and other engine/performance mods but even with all that done a Z20Let would beat any Clio Sport you put in front of it , why dont people just get a ZLET Corsa as the performance you would get would be far higher than any Clio Sport on here probally , it would be a good race to see a Z20LET Corsa Vs one of the ITB'd Clio's on here

CBR1000RR Fireblade
yeah Z20Lets aren't cheap you need deep pockets to even run them , say you spend £3500-4000+ am not sure on the prices for a a decent Z20Let professionally fitted etc..but you wont come across many faults with them if you buy decent parts....with 172/182's people on here spend a good bit of cash on ITBs and other engine/performance mods but even with all that done a Z20Let would beat any Clio Sport you put in front of it , why dont people just get a ZLET Corsa as the performance you would get would be far higher than any Clio Sport on here probally , it would be a good race to see a Z20LET Corsa Vs one of the ITB'd Clio's on here

funny you should mention this actually.

i was followed this morning by a mint green corsa b on some scabby 16s. it looked like abit of a shitter tbh. however, he came rocketing up behind me and let off the throttle to which i heard a loud sneezing noise (dump valve to my surprise).

this corsa was an animal! turned out it had a modified z20let in it. no doubt the corsa was a faster car than my near standard 182 but tbh i thought it would of been more faster than it was.

the sound that it made when the corsa went past was cool though, i love hearing a turbo spool up it sounds immense!

Vectra
funny you should mention this actually.

i was followed this morning by a mint green corsa b on some scabby 16s. it looked like abit of a s**tter tbh. however, he came rocketing up behind me and let off the throttle to which i heard a loud sneezing noise (dump valve to my surprise).

this corsa was an animal! turned out it had a modified z20let in it. no doubt the corsa was a faster car than my near standard 182 but tbh i thought it would of been more faster than it was.

the sound that it made when the corsa went past was cool though, i love hearing a turbo spool up it sounds immense!

yeah they sound immense! a lad a know has one and his sounds like a scooby and in a tunnel/underground the dump valve with exhaust probably one of the best sounds you will ever hear! but it would be a good quarter mile a Z20LET C Vs ITB'd clio :)

mines only a standard 1.2 16V but am going project slammed euro with a sport rear end will look different so speed wont bother me lol

53 Clio's & counting

Thats just it - if the CS was turbocharged from the factory, then there would be a huge amount of aftermarket parts to upgrade them - you have to remember that engine has been around for 22 years now, where as the F4R has been with us for 11 years, and only dabbled properly into forced induction over the past few years - you cant compare the two.

Also, the reason why we dont all just buy corsa's is speed isnt everything - a 300bhp Corsa will need massive chassis modification - springs, dampers, bushes, top mounts etc etc will add need modifying, where as a 300 bhp trophy could run in standard trim and still be fully drivable.

On top of that, the clio is an awesome handing car, where is the corsa, well, isn't.

You either spend £££ on trying to keep a big bhp Corsa on the road and save a few ££ with tuning, or spend more £££ tuning a Clio and save on the chassis mods - its horses for courses really :)

Oh, with my itb's I could out pace my mates itb's 2.0 Corsa quite comfortably ;)

Both capable cars, i just prefere the clio

Vectra
Thats just it - if the CS was turbocharged from the factory, then there would be a huge amount of aftermarket parts to upgrade them - you have to remember that engine has been around for 22 years now, where as the F4R has been with us for 11 years, and only dabbled properly into forced induction over the past few years - you cant compare the two.

Also, the reason why we dont all just buy corsa's is speed isnt everything - a 300bhp Corsa will need massive chassis modification - springs, dampers, bushes, top mounts etc etc will add need modifying, where as a 300 bhp trophy could run in standard trim and still be fully drivable.

On top of that, the clio is an awesome handing car, where is the corsa, well, isn't.

You either spend £££ on trying to keep a big bhp Corsa on the road and save a few ££ with tuning, or spend more £££ tuning a Clio and save on the chassis mods - its horses for courses really :)

Oh, with my itb's I could out pace my mates itb's 2.0 Corsa quite comfortably ;)

Both capable cars, i just prefere the clio

yeah a do prefer the clio over the corsa to be honest , my clio atm is going thru the "new project" stage haha got loads of ideas lined up and ready so its gonna be different well round my area it will be anyway , speed for me atm isn't really an issue we me only having a 1.2 16V so am just going crazy low....to make up for the speed :D

At FCS the Ktec clio smoked and smelt like a dog lol! Granted the spec was quite impressive and I was incredibly confused by the dual bodies/turbo set up, but would you really bring yourself to spend that much on a clio?

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
Nah not that much, I'll leave those kind of figures for Scoff, but it'll be 400bhp+ easily. My old turbo system is long gone now, I stripped the car down in Jan for it's new build but ended up needing an OP which put me out of action for 4 months :( it was supposed to be ready for RTOC national day and FCS in June but obviously that didnt happen. I should get it back from the fabricators this month and it's a full new set up that has never been done to a clio before........ :D

True, just had a quick look on there project page and it is DBW

Thought it would of been... Cheapskates ;p

And as for the corsa vs clio thingy.. I should hopefully be doing a nova c20let build if all goes well.. il be happy to put it against a clio when its done.

Clio 172 cup
Scoffs 172 engine in his renault 5 is running 600bhp and it wont have cost him £5k. Lol

He knows what hes doing though

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1
Scoffs 172 engine in his renault 5 is running 600bhp and it wont have cost him £5k. Lol

He knows what hes doing though

Very much doubt that. You tune any engine to those kind of levels and its going to cost serious wedge regardless. Decent turbo alone and your over a grand

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
At FCS the Ktec clio smoked and smelt like a dog lol! Granted the spec was quite impressive and I was incredibly confused by the dual bodies/turbo set up, but would you really bring yourself to spend that much on a clio?

had only been running to make drivable the night before ;) wasn't finished at that point, just enough to get it to the show

Megane r26
impressive build thats for sure but can't really see it taking off, the costs would be stupid no doubt double figures. More of a marketing toy but very good!

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I dont think they're expecting anyone to have the whole lot replicated. I think people fail to recognise that people who work in this industry do a lot of it for the love of doing projects like this. I was at Ktec a few months back when the jenvey plenum arrived and we mock assembled it in the office, giggling like children

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
I'll be honest it's only really the jenvey plenum thats anything new to tuning an F4R engine. I know of at least three 5 GT turbos that have F4R lumps fitted along with tubular manifolds that have the turbo above the gearbox.

What are they planning to use it for? just as a static show car?

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
I dont think they're expecting anyone to have the whole lot replicated. I think people fail to recognise that people who work in this industry do a lot of it for the love of doing projects like this. I was at Ktec a few months back when the jenvey plenum arrived and we mock assembled it in the office, giggling like children

Similar to what we did with my car;
"shall we fit some 50mm downdraft IDA flange ITB's to a DCOE manifold onto a valver and then make it work with the standard flywheel? While we're at it shall we make a megane 225 centre section exhaust fit as well?"

"Fcuk yeah! Shall we take it on track when it's done?"

"Hell fcukin yeah!!"

Then all the steps inbetween involved rather a lot of giggling like children :D