ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hate me clio, anyone else feeling the same?

Renault Clio 1.2
had it since last january, its a 1.2 53 reg. nothing wrong with it until the coil pack went. I know, i know, everyone says the coil packs go with clios, but why did i buy a car that is going to be faulty...
then had its MOT with service which included changing many points, joints, plug and that came to a total of 490 quid! since ive had it back i just dont love it anymore.
then drove to work, it was fine, drove back, orange engine management light meaning that the brake switch is operating the throttle switch, so my foots to the floor and the stupid thing wont move. its realllly bad. ive just lost all love for it. its a liability and useless car. as clarkson says about the 182, it just doesnt feel like a quality product. was really considering changing it in march for a 182 or at least a clio sport. Not a chance in hell now, going to get a VW polo gti. something that will work.
sorry to be a nag but its really fustrated me.

Renault Clio 1.2
mate i would, but i just feel that one renault is all renaults and if there as bad as the piece of useless crap on my drive then i dnt want to

Sounds like mine at the minute, every time I switch it off I wonder if I'm going to have to call out the RAC.

On a side note how did you know it's the brake switch operating the throttle, as I have the same problem and Arnold Clark couldn't work it out?

RB 200 Cup!
mate i would, but i just feel that one renault is all renaults and if there as bad as the piece of useless crap on my drive then i dnt want to

true but i think with any car brand theres good models and bad models

my golf is shite tbh - cant wait to get an RS again

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I had a lowly mk2 ph1 1.4RT and was very fortunate that not much needed doing in the 3 years I had it. Just tyres, cambelt, rear bearing and a couple of niggles that a few RAC guys happily sorted out for me. Given it to my sister and I do worry what it'll be like after the abuse I gave it lol

Got an RS now, bit of work needs doing but TBH could happen with any car you buy, no piece of mind unless you buy brand new and even then, quality is not always guaranteed.

Clio182, Mini Cooper 1275
had it since last january, its a 1.2 53 reg. nothing wrong with it until the coil pack went. I know, i know, everyone says the coil packs go with clios, but why did i buy a car that is going to be faulty...
then had its MOT with service which included changing many points, joints, plug and that came to a total of 490 quid! since ive had it back i just dont love it anymore.
then drove to work, it was fine, drove back, orange engine management light meaning that the brake switch is operating the throttle switch, so my foots to the floor and the stupid thing wont move. its realllly bad. ive just lost all love for it. its a liability and useless car. as clarkson says about the 182, it just doesnt feel like a quality product. was really considering changing it in march for a 182 or at least a clio sport. Not a chance in hell now, going to get a VW polo gti. something that will work.
sorry to be a nag but its really fustrated me.

stop swearing man!!

Audi S1
u h8 it so much u feel the need to tell everyone, when people say by a CS your say no a renault is a renault... go and buy a different car then.

C

Cupster

See where you are coming from but the grass is always greener mate.

I had a v6 4mo Golf. Thing was mint but endless problems. Electrics, suspension bushes, coil packs, exhaust, Recaro seat base, clutch cylinder,..,...,....

Luckily it was from a dealers under warrranty so got sorted foc but lost all love for it. I dont think I could trust another VW now.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
A lot of people who are 20ish, will of grown up when cars have been more reliable than ever before, so are surprised when anything fails on a device that carries heavy weight at high speed. I quite enjoy working on cars, I just see these things as part of owning a car.

MK2 FRS/Mini Type R
Ive had my clio 172 for 3 years now, its been a great handling fun car but I wil NEVER EVER buy another french car, complete utter piece of rattly, fault ridden crap!!....

Waiting for my M3.... :)

C

Renault Clio 1.2
ye true guys, i spose i should have thought about it in the first place but insurance as a 17 year old was hard and that was the best buy i thought. just going to have to live with it for a few more months until i sort my new one out. just disaspointing, saving for one car and im still paying stuff on this clio that seems to be a bag of spanners.

Audi S1
ye true guys, i spose i should have thought about it in the first place but insurance as a 17 year old was hard and that was the best buy i thought. just going to have to live with it for a few more months until i sort my new one out. just disaspointing, saving for one car and im still paying stuff on this clio that seems to be a bag of spanners.

Sell the car and dont drive... then save... easy solution!

fad

Clio 182 FF
I know the feeling mate on one occasion I had a brand new Golf GT for a courtesy car and then got back into the Clio and was like hmmm this aint too nice...then after half an hour I warmed up to it again.

Again got given another Courtesy car this time an MX5 which really gave me the bug for RWD. Once again got back into the clio and it felt so alien and unergonomic like have to reach for the gear stick etc.

Been driving a Focus St for a week now on account of mine being broken going to dread getting back into it....however it always wins me over after a few roundabouts!

clio 182 cup
mine didnt feel reliable either always thort it was going to brake but it didnt, until........ the blooooody night before i was trading it in and the driveshaft snapped :mad: had 2 other problems before this, rear abs sensor and bottom ball joint nothing major. now got a 57 plate fiesta st in frozen white its alot smoother to drive and feels a lot more reliable :)

Last edited:
  Renault Clio 1.2
errr... u need insurance to get ncb

Your not gonna get nowhere coming on here saying u need NCB... if your 17... there are many people in your situation. thread closed

ever considered yourself to be special.....

i said, im not going to sell my car and get insured on thin air. i need ncb... how am i going to do that with no car. keep it up at rehab.

Renault Clio 1.2
mine didnt feel reliable either always thort it was going to brake but it didnt, until........ the blooooody night before i was trading it in and the driveshaft snapped :mad: had 2 other problems before this, rear abs sensor and bottom ball joint nothing major. now got a 57 plate fiesta st in frozen white its alot smoother to drive and feels a lot more reliable :)

I know the feeling mate on one occasion I had a brand new Golf GT for a courtesy car and then got back into the Clio and was like hmmm this aint too nice...then after half an hour I warmed up to it again.

Again got given another Courtesy car this time an MX5 which really gave me the bug for RWD. Once again got back into the clio and it felt so alien and unergonomic like have to reach for the gear stick etc.

Been driving a Focus St for a week now on account of mine being broken going to dread getting back into it....however it always wins me over after a few roundabouts!

im glad im not the only one. i dont mind the car but investing money into something that isnt reliable and i want to get rid of just depresses me. got to seriously look into this polo business. better built car and i think i can have more fun in it.

ever considered yourself to be special.....

i said, im not going to sell my car and get insured on thin air. i need ncb... how am i going to do that with no car. keep it up at rehab.

is that a question or a statement? you would need a question mark if it was a question. they look like this...

" ? "

keep it up at fail school

Renault Clio 1.2
is that a question or a statement? you would need a question mark if it was a question. they look like this...

" ? "

keep it up at fail school

yes keano, i expected you to say something like 'standard' or 'brap!' but you actually inserted some intelligence here. well done mate, gold star for you

clio 182
nope love mine lol get a 182 when i was at renault the only problems i saw with them were abs units and zenon head lights and most of them are caught under warrenty anyway. oh and of course the strut tops cracking nothing a little grinder cant fix lol

182 FF
lol @ everyone who hates there clio's.just sell them and buy sumthin that will make you happy.The simple fact is that all cars go wrong

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Ive had three Clios,(172, 182, 197) done about 100k in them all. Only major thing i've ever had was a steering rack under warrenty on the Cup...........

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Love the 197 (present car), and the Cup. 182 didnt hit the spot for me!

clio 16v
The simple fact is that all cars go wrong
+1 tbh .. your car is never going to be 100% perfect.. there will be a few that go pop.. if you dont like it sell.

only problem i have with mine is the bonnet is droped below the height of the two quarter panels by about 5 mm .. ( any idea why this is any-one?)