ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Has anyone made dropped a megane dci 175 engine in a Clio?

Clio
Just wounding if it's been done, would of thought it would be quick as f**k with the economy and cost of a diesel, Ide love to see it

Suzuki Jimny
I'm going to start up a special school for teaching people in South Wales how to spell correctly.

53 Clio's & counting
Due to it being diesel, im guessing (as per most) it is going to be a fooking heavy lump - I wouldn't like to see what a Clio would drive like with even more weight over the front

Clio 172
Surely this deserves a...
tumblr_krhzp3ZwMg1qzma4ho1_400.jpg

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
it would handle like a pile of shite.
economy wouldnt be that great to be honest.
no revs would be boring and even with a map running over 200hp and 400lbft of torque it wouldnt be much quicker than a 2.0 16v F4R one!

an F4Rt would be a much cheaper and better option.

im all for doing something different but its one conversion i wouldnt bother with

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
it would handle like a pile of s**te.
economy wouldnt be that great to be honest.
no revs would be boring and even with a map running over 200hp and 400lbft of torque it wouldnt be much quicker than a 2.0 16v F4R one!

an F4Rt would be a much cheaper and better option.

im all for doing something different but its one conversion i wouldnt bother with

Where the f**k is the real Martin?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i know, im mr DCi but imo a megane 175 engine in a clio is silly! lol! would make a cool motorway cruiser but still! you would have to use a 5 speed box!

if you had plenty money maby a remapped 1.6 dci 130 with 160 odd hp would be cool!

Nippy white cup
But would that be any more exciting than the megane engine? Maybe lighter but the loads of torque/low revs nature of the engine would still be there imo

Chris

Listerine & Poledo
Dear OP,

Please do it. Do it for CS.
It may cost you more than just buying a megane, be worthless once you've finished and handle like a mallet, but it will be a 'project' like none seen before.
Or again.

And you can even put DCi badges on it without lieing!

Clio
Right number 1 thankyou for the spelling corrections it's hard work typing on my phone ok! Lol
And as for the thread, it's not something I'm going to do, just curious to see if it had been done, I now feel like a bit of a dick haha

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
people said it will fit m9r is a different beast open up a megane bonnet and see if there is any space what so ever

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
But would that be any more exciting than the megane engine? Maybe lighter but the loads of torque/low revs nature of the engine would still be there imo

Chris

it wouldnt be exciting at all but it would fit, be resonably light, infact i beleive its an all aluminium engine? it was designed to be light, would make for a 172 pace, torquey, daily driver but as i said it would cost at least £3000 id recon, which is just not financially viable!

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
Dear OP,

Please do it. Do it for CS.
It may cost you more than just buying a megane, be worthless once you've finished and handle like a mallet, but it will be a 'project' like none seen before.
Or again.

And you can even put DCi badges on it without lieing!

And then brake it for spares...........not wanting to break a tradition.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
m9r is fooking massive, i was suprised how big they are first time i took one out.