ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Harry's Fast Road/Track Renaultsport Clio 172 Cup

Clio 172 Cup
Hello fellow members! Here is my Renaultsport Clio 172 Cup. This is the 2nd time I have owned it only difference this time is that I can actually afford to run it, care for it and modify it the way I want to now I have a new job as a vehicle technician. The car is only used on weekends and the occasional track day. The car has a very impressive service history showing it has been well looked after throughout its life. Certainly drives great!

Quick run down of what's been done to her.

Engine:
Cambelt, dephaser pulley, tensioners, Aux belt, 5w-40 oil, oil filter, camshaft seals and end caps replaced with genuine Renault items at Diamond Motors beginning of August 2013 on 79k miles
Ktec racing panel filter
Ktec racing stealth silenced stainless steel exhaust system
Ktec decat (not fitted)
RS Tuner 98 RON map
Ktec racing engine mounts
Powerflex dogbone gearbox mount
Uprated clutch

Suspension:
New Cup dampers
Eibach Sportline springs
Eibach camber bolts
Whiteline rear ARB
Ktec top mounts
Fast road wheel alignment set up

Brakes:
Mintex M1144 pads
Brembo HC discs
Goodridge braided brake lines

Wheels and Tyres:
White speedline 2118's
Yokohama AD08 Neova 195/50/15

Interior:
OMP 330mm steering wheel or Momo 350mm steering wheel
OMP boss

P1010329_zps94879c2c.jpg

P1010330_zps613d54b2.jpg

P1010334_zpsca9a97fb.jpg

Clio 172 Cup
P1010352_zpsf85462aa.jpg

As you can see in the above pictures I need to go lower to pull off the 15" Speedline 2118's, so I purchased these!!

Spax RSX full coilover kit :)

P1010403_zps833cac2f.jpg

Hope to get these on and set up very soon.

Clio 172 Cup
My old 172 Cup had a Ktec Racing induction kit. The sound was one of the best things about the car and it had noticeable power gains, so I had to purchase another kit for this Cup! Firstly I wanted white but they had no white hosing in stock...so I opted for orange :p

I may opt for white at a later date

P1010409_zpsc07135da.jpg

Clio 172 Cup
I used to always drive Citroen Saxo's as my track cars and I still have the OMP ARS seats out of my old VTR. I have already purchased Clio subframes. I just need some 4 point, 3" harnesses. Some more goodies to fit!

P1010280_zps020725f0.jpg

Clio 172 Cup
That's it for the time being. Other updates will include a full detail, silver indicator bulbs, new rear L.E.D number plate bulb, 3/4 size front plate, new rear plate, full brake overhaul with some DS2500 pads, Brembo HC front discs, Refurbish the calipers, Rear Brembo discs and pads, Goodridge braided lines, ATE Super Blue fluid, Spark plugs, Powerflex goodies and a few other details. Cage???? :)

Ph1 track car, Dci
Very nice mate, your suspension set up before the coilovers is basically the same as mine right now, ive not had mine on track yet its basically all new, how you find that set up on track? :)

Clio 172 Cup
Don't get me wrong the set up I have now is fantastic for the road. Feels very positive and direct. On track its a bit too soft. Sometimes feel the tyres are too good for the suspension set up. Will have to see what the coilovers are like in comparison. Thanks for your comment :)

On my old cup I had H and R coilovers and they were also too soft for track. My car scraped excessively on track on 16" Turinis. My friend Adam had these Spax RSX's on with 15" wheels and had no problems at all! So I have my hopes up

Mk8 GTi CS & Ph1
rear suspension set up on the spax is different to any other coilovers ive seen, looks good tho. very clean

Clio 172 Cup
Yeah its the full coilover kit. Extra £150 or so compared to the ''normal'' set up. Much better design this way in my opinion. Thanks :)

Clio 172 Cup
Thank youu!

Fitted the induction kit this evening. Will also be at Cadwell Park this Sunday. Need to do some last minute prep to the car then will be good to go :) not sure what the weather will be like.

Clio 172 Cup
Yeah I thought about selling it again but decided to keep it. I was actually off over to Manchester to go look at a 106 rallye. But I was enjoying driving the Clio too much so turned around and headed back home :p

Clio 172 Cup
Not really much to update. Spax coilovers aren't getting fitted until end of March now. Let the winter pass over. The car is currently on 81k miles. I fitted the induction kit. Love the roar! The wheel alignment get checked/adjusted every month by myself at work on a full digital laser wheel alignment machine.

I have been thinking of 16mm front spacers and rear hub spacers. Any advice on where and which ones to get?

Thanks

Clio 172 Cup
Today it snowed. Only on my car somehow :\

DSC_0036_zps9e41198f.jpg

Autobrite Magifoam and Autobrite Snow Foam Lance on a Nilfisk pressure washer.

Autosmart G101 on tight areas, tyres and arches.
Bilberry wheel cleaner on wheels
Washed using 2BM, Megs wash mitt and Auto Finesse Lather shampoo.
Rinsed then dried with Chemical Guys Wooly Mammoth.

Car was machine polished by DAS-6 Pro, Menzerna and Chemical Guys Hex Logic pads not long ago and was sealed with Finishkare 1000p. Glass was sealed with the Carlack window sealing kit.

No afters yet as it got dark :(

172 cup
@harry289 stunning example definitely following this thread!

p.s somehow doubled that and totally missed the part about you not fitting your rsx yet my bad lol

idiot mode : ON

Last edited: