ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

handbrake and throttle sensor problem

1.2 clio
i have had soo many problems with my clio. my handbake light and the stop signlight, light up all the time, first it used to be when i went up a hill or a speed now its all the time. my uncle said it could of bin my brake fluid but nnot too sure. any help there????

secondly i had numerous problems with my car randomly loosing power. all of a sudden u couldn't get over 3000 revs and then even sometimes if it happened wehn u just got into the car it would not move at all!! took it to renault in chesterfield, they were s**t!! the electrical fault light which came on when the problem happened had gone off so they said they did not know what was wrong after explaining everything. it happened again, but yet again the light went off when i got it to them. after paying a stupid ammount of money for them to "look" at it, still nothing.

eventually after the 5th aa call i was towed to the garage in the evening left it in front of the gates overnight, went bk in the morning and finally they could lok at it, a few hours later they rang to say they could replace the trotle part (i am not technical) but basicall my friend had told me that there is a sensor which gets blocked up with carbon particles and just needs cleaning, they didnt suggest this and just replaced the part (expensive) my friend has had the same problem and thinj is quite common. so my advice is get the sensor cleaned, but not by renault.

hanny xhx

1.2 clio
not a sport just a 1.2 dynamique. i had my trottle pedel cleaned and that it now fine, just read someone elses blog and they have the same problem with the handbrake light and i think it is the brake fluid, broke down 2day anyway so takin it to the garage.

thank you anyway

hanny x