ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GT5

1.8 Civic EX
lol at the damage shot..

also is ridgidity even a word? Sound like something from Family Guy lol (rid)giditygidity

Actually makes the damage modelling on forza look good lol. So much for the fanboys saying it'll be perfect kaz won't release it if it isn't blah blah blah. No interior view on 800 of the 1000 cars is a joke too!!

Citroen DS3 DSport
What I find amazing are the comments below that article with most people saying the damage modelling looks amazing. Are they looking at the same photos I am? I've never seen a crashed car look like that in real life.

Unfortunately time constraints must have meant that not all cars could have interior views!!!!

german
I can't work out where the F that Ferrari is supposed to have been hit. Looks like a matchbox car that's been attacked by a heat gun

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Identical tbh.
gt5-bestbuy-damage-round2-3-640x480.jpg

500x_ferrari_458_italia_crash.jpg

What I find amazing are the comments below that article with most people saying the damage modelling looks amazing. Are they looking at the same photos I am? I've never seen a crashed car look like that in real life.

Unfortunately time constraints must have meant that not all cars could have interior views!!!!

It's all about continuity though. Surely you do interior for all or don't bother. They've had 5 years. Forza 3 was developed in under 2 and has interior views on over 400 cars!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Despite all the delays, it's coming across as a rush job. Very odd. If it's not brilliant to play, I have no idea what they've been doing.

Citroen DS3 DSport
It's all about continuity though. Surely you do interior for all or don't bother. They've had 5 years. Forza 3 was developed in under 2 and has interior views on over 400 cars!

I was joking with my time constraints comment :D

Chelsea tractor
This game is why I bought a PS3 in the first place and the damage modelling looks like I got drunk and coloured on my screen.

Facelift R53 Cooper S
They can't release it in November, that's when Black Ops is out!

By the end of the month I'll be a complete social outcast!

MY10 R35 GTR
They can't release it in November, that's when Black Ops is out!

By the end of the month I'll be a complete social outcast!

lol I was thinking the same, but to be honest one of the things I loved about COD was the online play, but after MW2 i was put off big time, so so so much cheating.

Bring on GT5!!!!!!!!!!!!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
How can you be excited after watching the last few videos?

Don't get me wrong, I'm buying it, but I'm very sceptical.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
How can you be excited after watching the last few videos?

Don't get me wrong, I'm buying it, but I'm very sceptical.

I suppose it's because for some of us, there's nothing else out there. Forza just doesn't hit the spot for me, it's good for a drunken race, but I get bored of it within a day. I spent a large chunk of my teen yrs on GT games, so even if it reviews terribly I'm still buying it. And a wheel. And after a week I'll never touch either again.

MY10 R35 GTR
I suppose it's because for some of us, there's nothing else out there. Forza just doesn't hit the spot for me, it's good for a drunken race, but I get bored of it within a day. I spent a large chunk of my teen yrs on GT games, so even if it reviews terribly I'm still buying it. And a wheel. And after a week I'll never touch either again.

Agreed, love GT to bits. Yep Ive played forza and enjoyed it, they seem to have the engine noises compied over very well, but there was somit missing.

To be honest the damage in the last few videos has looked w**k but do we really know thats from the finished product? Would such a perfectionist really release such stuff? Early builds videos? I think we will be pleasantly surprised. I don't think it will end up a better driving game than Forza but certaintly a more complete, rounded game.

Anyway such speculation about has already reached 80 pages and the game hasn't been released yet! God knows what this thread will be like come November.

this, i'll just go back to it everytime i split from the missus

Nippy white cup
I think it is still going to be a good experience to play and tbh if I had some cash burning a hole I would probs buy a ps3 pretty much just for this. The thing that amuses me is not so much the delays but the way the fanboys (in general, not on here) ripped certain bits of forza 3 only to find that many of the things they expected just hasn't happen ie 'thousand super detailed cars with perfect damage simulation' or such like.

The video going round that shows the TG test track with a focus and evo looks like a real vid in the way the cars pitch and slide...but if this doesn't transfer to a good 'feel' then I think a lot of people will be disappointed wether they admit it or not

Chris

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
That looks like an improvement in the PS3's last gen style of controller. Previously, it was either full acceleration/braking or none, as there is no travel in the buttons, you either press it, or you don't, which is all but useless in a racing game. That is more like the Xbox's trigger.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
why dont people use R3 then for gradual pressure?

warren i didnt even think about space.

Nippy white cup
TBH I used to use both joysticks on GT4 and thought it was fine but in all honesty I find the triggers on the xb360 pad to be spot on..just a nice amount of spring imo