ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GT5

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
i'll prob be using just one account for GT5,if you send a request to my LordGedi account then i'll transfer it over. Just say your off here otherwise i wont add you

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
WHAT THE ACTUAL F*CK.

Firstly, how bad does the 'Standard' Civic look?! So many things just ported from GT4, even down to the reflections which barely change and the god-awful sound. The cars are just one, single blob, with the shut lines painted on!!!

Secondly, it looks like it handles EXACTLY like Prologue. Terrible then. Where's this new physics engine, Kazunori? (I'll play it still, but it looks identical.)

...I'm not even going to start on the "damage". That video from 9mins on, says it all for me.

Not like they care because they'll sell millions to people that know no better, but I've cancelled my preorder, they've f*cking annoyed me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think a lot of these things would be forgiven/overlooked/ignored if they'd rushed it out for the PS3 launch. People would be happy to just get the game and be playing it but they've delayed it so many times, the expectation can't be met.

It's still going to sell by the bucketload though because of the name so it will still be labeled a 'success'

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I think I'll play it before judging it on a few yt vids. Quite how anyone can judge how a game plays from a short video, I have no idea.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Because I've played Prologue. The physics look identical. IDENTICAL.

If it plays well, I'll smash up my iMac.

EDIT: Agreed, Dan. If it was a launch title, no one would grumble. 1000 cars in any level of detail would have been awesome.

The fact they've had six years and they've done nothing more than port 800 cars from GT4 is a joke.

Here's one for you GT5p had 70 premium cars, GT5 has 230 IIRC. So based on the standard cars being a port from the gt4 engine it does beg the question what's been going on for the last 6 years at PD. It's not as if they couldn't afford to hire more staff if it's an issue of cars taking so long to model.

1.8 Civic EX
Your hopes were set too high Kissyfur. You just need to buy it, play it, and quit your whining.

That would be a valid point if they only started on the game last year but it's been in development for 6 years for christ sake....6 YEARS!! lol

1.8 Civic EX
Ignore the fact it's been in development for 6 years and treat it like any other game tbh

If I purchased a racing game that had zero hype surrounding it and I knew nothing about at all other than it looked good graphically, got it home to find that only a small portion of the cars in it were "complete" i'd still be pretty pissed.

Porting code from PS2 to PS3 is obviously time consuming...

aparently so....

"Gran Tourismo 5: Prologue 2 (We're getting there)" would be a better title for the game tbh.

Listerine & Poledo
Day booked off of work for GT playing now!
Should be at least able to get a couple of licenses and an MX-5

BMW E46 330i Touring
People don't like it and have decided to cancel their order, I think the forum gets it. I can't say I'm surprised Christopher has cancelled his preorder, he's been an angry little man in this forum for weeks! ;)

If damage was truly accurate then people new to the genre would have the steepest learning curve EVER. One missed braking point leading to one shunt into the back of someone else and their race would be over. Like it or not, they have to make it "pick up and play"able...

1998 BMW e46 323i
Dispatched from Blockbuster. Wuhoo. Never played Forza, bit of a part time GT fanboi, so I'm hoping I love it.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Lol, huge laughs and controllers breaking TV screens!

I think the dings, dents and bumper displacement is quite 'niche' really. Not overdone but a cool little touch. It might not represent the full impact of a particular crash but it batters the car up a bit as enables me to continue racing.

Apparently, damage later in the game suggests that a dislodged bumper rubs against a tyre, causing smoke and decreased performance. Now that's cool.

Lol, huge laughs and controllers breaking TV screens!

I think the dings, dents and bumper displacement is quite 'niche' really. Not overdone but a cool little touch. It might not represent the full impact of a particular crash but it batters the car up a bit as enables me to continue racing.

Apparently, damage later in the game suggests that a dislodged bumper rubs against a tyre, causing smoke and decreased performance. Now that's cool.

If you race with randoms damage or collision detection of any sort can be annoying. On the flip side if (like me) you race with people you know then I'd be more than happy with totally accurate damage modelling tbh.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
If you race with randoms damage or collision detection of any sort can be annoying. On the flip side if (like me) you race with people you know then I'd be more than happy with totally accurate damage modelling tbh.
But I'd imagine you're in the minority in that respect.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Aye, I'm way out of touch with the GT series, or any modern racing game, so I think I'd rather damage be minimised that 100% accurate.

I dot want to find races easy to start with, but I want the game to be a bit forgiving... at least to start with.

But I'd imagine you're in the minority in that respect.

Tbh there are plenty of people who still now don't play games online despite having the option. Of those no doubt more will use public lobbies but equally you'd be surprised how many have racing leagues set up on forums in order to find other "mature" gamers to have a decent race with rather than ending up in a lobby full of American kids.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Tbh there are plenty of people who still now don't play games online despite having the option. Of those no doubt more will use public lobbies but equally you'd be surprised how many have racing leagues set up on forums in order to find other "mature" gamers to have a decent race with rather than ending up in a lobby full of American kids.
Again, that will be the minority when you look at the millions of copies that will be sold. If it wasn't so, more games would have the option.