ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GT5

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
5193343574_95737325b9_b.jpg

5193343926_67f29b1d79_b.jpg

the look awesome, but as said, this is nothing like the in game models and the pics are post processed bullshots.

C-VXR. Once owned a Clio
the look awesome, but as said, this is nothing like the in game models and the pics are post processed bullshots.

Pretty sure photos can be taken during replays (realtime). If so then I believe that is actual ingame images.

lol, it does not sound great. I've seen plenty of direct footage now not shot from cameraphones etc and the sound is uninspiring to say the least.

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
Pretty sure photos can be taken during replays (realtime). If so then I believe that is actual ingame images.

same as forza, the pics once processed are the high lod models... in game it looks nothing like the shots... again same as forza.

C-VXR. Once owned a Clio
lol, it does not sound great. I've seen plenty of direct footage now not shot from cameraphones etc and the sound is uninspiring to say the least.

Not direct from your system/tv though.... Surely we'll be in a better position to judge when we have game

C-VXR. Once owned a Clio
same as forza, the pics once processed are the high lod models... in game it looks nothing like the shots... again same as forza.

I cant say they've used the same technique as Forza until I play GT5..

rocha-g-small.jpg

V

Gameplay

Last edited by a moderator:
Not direct from your system/tv though.... Surely we'll be in a better position to judge when we have game

Let's put it this way there are plenty of videos of Forza using various quality recording methods of vtec engined cars and all of them sound more convincing than that. Same with the V8's, GT is simply lacking on the audio front, something that has plagued the series from the outset but on this generation and after this long in development it's less forgivable tbh.

C-VXR. Once owned a Clio
Let's put it this way there are plenty of videos of Forza using various quality recording methods of vtec engined cars and all of them sound more convincing than that. Same with the V8's, GT is simply lacking on the audio front, something that has plagued the series from the outset but on this generation and after this long in development it's less forgivable tbh.

I recall people saying the same thing about Forza. However, once the sound was coming "direct" from my system the game sounded and looked a whole lot better.

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3

rocha-g-small.jpg

V

Gameplay

yes but remember forza was 60fps all the time, gt5 lowers that to 30fps during replays and ads the high lod models and lots of bells and whisltes, also is not a constant 60fps when in game.

I recall people saying the same thing about Forza. However, once the sound was coming "direct" from my system the game sounded and looked a whole lot better.

Oddly, the sound was one of the few things on Forza that people picked holes in. Modelling of certain cars, lack of shift animation, lighting/colouring, cast of shadow in tunnels, no animated aero parts etc the list of gripes goes on but the sound wasn't on the list.

C-VXR. Once owned a Clio
yes but remember forza was 60fps all the time, gt5 lowers that to 30fps during replays and ads the high lod models and lots of bells and whisltes, also is not a constant 60fps when in game.

And GT5 still looks good.... Even in the poor quality youtube vids.

I don't get why some continue to scrutinise a game before even playing it lol. Its almost as if the thought of this being better than Forza scares some and is totally inconceivable.

Personally I couldn't care less if its better or worse than Forza. I own a ps3 so for me (a motor sport fan) GT games are a mandatory purchase.

If it's better (only part that concerns me to a huge extent is the physics engine which up to now has been poor on GT) then I'll go and buy it £35 is not a scary prospect oddly, lol

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
The detail on those non-Premiums is about the same as Forza I'd say.

Interesting watching that replay, the way the car looks on track is quite realistic. They seem to have mapped quite a lot of bumps etc.

[/IMG]

V

Gameplay

Everyone loves a shiny bullshot. Neither GT or Forza look as great all the time as they do when taken at their best. It's a bit like the "facebook angle" a chubby girl will use in her profile pics to disguise the fact that she's a size 18 and make it look like she's got huge tits.

4908953824_ddf9e3f19b_z.jpg

LFA%207.jpg

5192374914_64e39a4d16_z.jpg

5192375054_a8daeef8dd_z.jpg

Forza doesn't look that good in game.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Whilst it would be great to have the whole game like that above (Forza), I don't think it's fair to dismiss the appeal that both these games have at being able to watch the incredible detail packed into them through replays.

The level of detail in the Premium cars in GT may only be accessible when not actually racing but it's still going to provide me with a fair few hours of enjoyment...

I'm not dismissing it at all, if I was a graphics ***** I'd have certainly avoided Forza as it's not as pretty as other titles on this gen (albeit those running at 30fps) The part I'm waiting to see for most is the physics engine. If that's spot on then the mixed bag of premium vs standard along with the more annoying lack of cockpit views for the standard cars may well be forgivable.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
My copy is being dispatched apparently.

I would have thought there would have been a massive advertising campaign, but I haven't seen anything on telly :S

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I hope the cars handle alot better than prologue that's my only hope. I want it to be more Forza like in that sense. In prologue the cars feel like on rails and very artificial. Hoping that's fixed here.

SLK 350
Never thought I'd be saying this, but I won't be buying GT5 based on the videos I've seen thus far. Physics just seems completely lacking, AI looks to be the same 'racing line' orientated BS as GT4 and the damage or lack of, poor.

Really disappointed, maybe reviews will sway me...

Clio 172 Cup
I would say the game could have been posted out, we've had our stock in since Thursday.

From what I seen at work the posts I've seen up haven't been 1080p pictures.

Everything I was looking at on Friday looked totally different to what's being posted. The Standard cars don't look anything like that MX-5 posted before.

People will be surprised by graphics and game play to what's being posted on the internet, most of it seems like sabotage.

Clio 172 Cup
Should be the 24th Nov, but everyone seems to have got stock early, and online orders seem to be getting posted out early.