ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GT5 Cliosport Racing League **Gauging Interest**

Joah

ClioSport Club Member
need to try buy a 172,

unless someone can gift me one ??

If one comes up in the UDC I will send it you if you add me.

Cheers for the couple of people that were online, think the 450pp is the way to go as first race was proper close!

Just need more people, 8+ would make it an awesome race :)

Joah

ClioSport Club Member
Vehicle to be used:

Renault Clio sport 2.0 16v

Allowed Modifications are:

You can have any paint colour.

Tuning:

Sport soft tyres (or lower)
Performance Point <=450

Strictly Not Allowed:

Racing tyres
Aero Parts

Potential Tracks:

Deep forest Raceway - 15 Laps

London - 15 Laps

Rome - 15 Laps

Grand valley east - 15 Laps

Nurburgring GP/D - 15 laps

Nurgburgring (full) - 3 Laps

Points Schedule

25 - 21 - 18 - 15 - 12 - 10 - 8 - 6 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1

Schedule:

Weekly Races to be held Thursday's @ 9pm GMT, Room to be opened/created at approx 8:30 (room number posted in this topic) for practice/free run

Think this makes it easier just to restrict my PP, also moved to slightly later as I think this would be better for most.

Those that are interested can you just send me a PM with your PSN ID just so I know who to expect, I can also then knock up a points table.

Listerine & Poledo
much better idea.

hopefully I'll be able to make it going forward. Also, a lot of peep's PSN names are on their profile fella.

Can we please have Cote D'azur on the track ilst too, being French and all that.

Joah

ClioSport Club Member
much better idea.

hopefully I'll be able to make it going forward. Also, a lot of peep's PSN names are on their profile fella.

Can we please have Cote D'azur on the track ilst too, being French and all that.

Was very close when me and another guy had completely difference tuning (me leightweight low bhp, him more bhp but heavier) probably about 1 second in it.

good point I will go back through the thread and make a note.

Yeah I failed to mention actually that we could add more tracks or swap some, Cote D'azur is a damn good shout, so will add that.

Listerine & Poledo
I've had another thought about the league, I know we're ClioSport, but I reckon, due to they're appearance on the site we need:-

Fiat 500s (in the absence of Abarths)
Civic -R's
Meganes
Suzuki Swifts

all those little numbers that regularly get commented on.

Yozza'd RB cup
Im definatly up for this! add me 'Afghan-Albino' and send me a message! Im using the logitech G27 wheel tho is this allowed? I drive with all assists off

I think driving stock 172's sounds fun as slower cars are often more fun to race IMO more about driving ability than out and out power.

Joah

ClioSport Club Member
I've had another thought about the league, I know we're ClioSport, but I reckon, due to they're appearance on the site we need:-

Fiat 500s (in the absence of Abarths)
Civic -R's
Meganes
Suzuki Swifts

all those little numbers that regularly get commented on.

to be fair you cannot limit to stanard spec cars online, one of the guys yesterday was using a mini cooper (got owned) but its just limited by the 450PP so potentially yes you could.

Joah

ClioSport Club Member
Im definatly up for this! add me 'Afghan-Albino' and send me a message! Im using the logitech G27 wheel tho is this allowed? I drive with all assists off

I think driving stock 172's sounds fun as slower cars are often more fun to race IMO more about driving ability than out and out power.

thats fine only assist I put on the server was ABS set at 1, all others off.

Not stock but tuned to within the Performance Points limit of 450. (which is fairly tuned)

Yozza'd RB cup
Ok thats good as I just remembered most of my Clio's have stage 3 stuff which I cant take off, can always buy another one though! Whens the next race mate?

Listerine & Poledo
450 is a little high I think.

Can we drop it so that cars are more "realistically" tuned, in line with the kind you see on here.

Listerine & Poledo
Ok thats good as I just remembered most of my Clio's have stage 3 stuff which I cant take off, can always buy another one though! Whens the next race mate?

the most recent update allows you to detune your engine and add ballast, so you can drop PP's without too much agro

PH1 172
Apologies for not getting involved last night when I said I would....mrs didn't tell me we were going out :-/!!

I am about tonight if anyone is online to have a couple of races

Terry_1985

You cannot undo any Weight Reduction work or Engine tuning, the rest you can chop and change with abandon.

although you can now add ballast and detune your engine.

I'm plugging for having the cars set to a performance point limit though, as it makes things alot easier than "this gearbox only, this turbo or lower etc)

That's good to know I will double check my clios to see which one to play with :)

Yozza'd RB cup
But i think you still have an advantage judging by the power curves as a engine that makes say 200hp with mods and a full kitted engine restricted too 200bhp are completly different the max tune restricted engine hits peak 200bhp quicker and continues with 200hp there after. Not sure if PP take this into account? I think PP are a bad Idea and a singular set up would make things a lot fairer?

either way im not too fussed will be good fun to hopefully have a fair race with out any dicks ramming or mirro blocking! :)

I'll add you terry . .

Mine is 'Afghan-Albino' dont ask!

FOCUS ST 275
aye good race last night, would have had you on the first race if you didnt block me and cause a time penalty, lol.

Listerine & Poledo
right boys, I've opened a room (ClioSport 450pp)
450 PP's
no racing tyres

1472-4710-9866-6908-9823

GTF in here

Listerine & Poledo
not sure about mods, mine are all on, had to detune the engine a little though to keep within points

MY10 R35 GTR
could be up for it, still need to buy a clio.

Need to see how into killzone3 I get

MY10 R35 GTR
what sort of times are ppl doing around eg grand valley east with a 172 set up to the thread spec?

Joah

ClioSport Club Member
Best i got was a mid 1min 12sec lap I think although haven't been on for a while due to Internet being broken. Will post up room on Thursday again this week see how many people we get.