ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GT5 Cliosport Racing League **Gauging Interest**

Joah

ClioSport Club Member
Hello People,

This sort of thing is very common on GT Planet, however most are around other timezones (and I aint racing at 4am).

Also this being the Cliosport forum I thought if there is enough interest then we could start up a league using only 2.0 16v cliosport that is in the GT5 game. (I'm sure everyone on here that racing in GT5 has one already)

Taking ideas from another "low power league" it could stack up like this:

Vehicle to be used:

Renault Clio sport 2.0 16v

Allowed Modifications are:

You can have any paint colour.

Tuning:

Sport soft tyres
Fully customisable Suspension
Fully customisable Transmission
Stage 3 chassis weight
Rigidity improvement
Window weight reduction
Carbon bonnet (Any)

**Further Information to be decided but a limit of 200-250bhp will be enforced** (need to test whats best)

Strictly Not Allowed:

Drivetrain changes
Turbo
Twin-plate clutch
Semi-racing flywheel
Customisable LSD
Aero Parts

Rules:

1. Racing must always be clean and respectful.

2. Unnecessary or abrupt blocking or overtaking manouvres will not be tolerated,as the replays will be reviewed after race, this could lead to DQ from the race or championship.

3. Specs mechanical/visual above must be adhered to.

Potential Tracks:

Deep forest Raceway - 15 Laps

London - 15 Laps

Rome - 15 Laps

Grand valley east - 15 Laps

Nurburgring GP/D - 15 laps

Nurgburgring (full) - 3 Laps

Points Schedule

25 - 21 - 18 - 15 - 12 - 10 - 8 - 6 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1

Could run one race per week (day/time to be decided).

Hopefully people would be interested and we can get 10+, stick your cliosport username and PSN ID down if interested:

1. Joah..............PSN: J9OAH

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
If you have a wheel your instantly at an advantage. But trying to get people to adhere to the above is impossible. We were resetting constantly as people either has the wrong tyres of set it up wrong...

Nice idea tho! The respectful driving bit is wishful thinking! Last lap lunges are awesome fun!

Joah

ClioSport Club Member
About the wheel is true I suppose, I have a wheel tho so im ahead of the game, but most of my friends keep up with a controller to be fair. The point about constantly resetting is due to it being a public room and lots of newbies have no idea how the online bit of the game works, dont think you would get this soo much.

the point about ramming is that I would set the penalties high so massive intentional ramming would not happen, however the last lap lunge is fine, as whats the saying...."rubbin's racing?"

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I'm up for a go! I'd never done online gaming before GT5! But it was a good laugh!

Joah

ClioSport Club Member
hopefully if you get a dedicated 10 people then the racing will be very close and a good laugh....hopeful I know..

Joah

ClioSport Club Member
that looks to be about 8 people already so thats quite promising. I would propose the following time:

Race every Thursday 8pm (race start), I will create a private lobby at 7:15 and post the game room number on here for people to join. Practice would then decide the starting grid.

Sound good?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Do you not need to add as a friend first?? I'm so s**t at this. Can you add me?! Ajrmotorsport.

Listerine & Poledo
I'm Game

Hypermega

message me on PSN if I'm online and i'll jump on

Oh, does the Lucidia Clio count?

Listerine & Poledo
Oh, I'm thinking of the rules you're mentioning.

Can I suggest you set a Perfonmance Point limit, that would help stabilise the grid.

As for banning FI, why's that? there's plenty of turbo conversions on here. I'd be more lilkely to challenge people running fully-customised gearboxes as I dont belive I've seen anyone running a racing sequential box on their daily?

Joah

ClioSport Club Member
Oh, does the Lucidia Clio count?

I think its the same so I would have thought so.

Oh, I'm thinking of the rules you're mentioning.

Can I suggest you set a Perfonmance Point limit, that would help stabilise the grid.

As for banning FI, why's that? there's plenty of turbo conversions on here. I'd be more lilkely to challenge people running fully-customised gearboxes as I dont belive I've seen anyone running a racing sequential box on their daily?

Yes I would need to see what is a good Performance points limit on it but that is a good idea.

there arent that many I would say a very low percentage, I wanted to make it more like the clio "cup" championship so no FI but customisable gearbox because this aids setting the car up for different circuits.

but I'm not saying this is correct just an opinion, want to keep the racing tight but advantages in setting the car up for the track.

PH1 172
I am up for this and I should hopefully be in the lambo orange clio :)

Do we need to add friends or just head straight for the room with the code?

At 7:15 when you set up the lobby is that the time you will post the code in this thread?

When you say a limit of 200-250bhp is that allowing us to tune the ECU? TBH if everyone does what it says on an allowed list then no one can do it wrong lol

Joah

ClioSport Club Member
I am up for this and I should hopefully be in the lambo orange clio :)

Do we need to add friends or just head straight for the room with the code?

At 7:15 when you set up the lobby is that the time you will post the code in this thread?

When you say a limit of 200-250bhp is that allowing us to tune the ECU? TBH if everyone does what it says on an allowed list then no one can do it wrong lol

I suggest maybe doing just a practice "fun" race tomorrow evening and see who turns up?

Will post the room code about 7:00 in this topic.

Reason I said 200-250 is havent decided yet, going to go on tonight and have a play with tuning to see what I think will work, will then post and revisions and actual bhp limit tonight.

Clio 182, BMW 645
7:00 is too early for me soz guys. I may join later if you guys are still online though!

Listerine & Poledo
do you mean 7:00 tonight? that should be good.

I still reckon setting a performance points limit (say, 20-30 above the basic car) would be a better bet than a BHP & weight limit.

Carry more weight to take extra power?

Have a breathless, fat boy with slicks?

Have a stripped out warrior?

Take your pick

Joah

ClioSport Club Member
do you mean 7:00 tonight? that should be good.

I still reckon setting a performance points limit (say, 20-30 above the basic car) would be a better bet than a BHP & weight limit.

Carry more weight to take extra power?

Have a breathless, fat boy with slicks?

Have a stripped out warrior?

Take your pick

I will post up the room number tonight for some fun racing and discussion if people are interested, will post no. about 7.

PH1 172
I suggest maybe doing just a practice "fun" race tomorrow evening and see who turns up?

Will post the room code about 7:00 in this topic.

Reason I said 200-250 is havent decided yet, going to go on tonight and have a play with tuning to see what I think will work, will then post and revisions and actual bhp limit tonight.

Okey doke I will keep an eye on here for the room code and join later tonight.

Did you have a chance palying with the tuning last night so we can have an updated list of mods we are allowed to do? I ask as I will need to do that tonight before joining any races etc.

Does anybody know if you can buy all the upgrades for the car put them all on and then go back and choose which ones you want on at different times e.g. if I bought stage 3 turbo and fitted it could I then go into the settings of the car and take it off?

Listerine & Poledo
Does anybody know if you can buy all the upgrades for the car put them all on and then go back and choose which ones you want on at different times e.g. if I bought stage 3 turbo and fitted it could I then go into the settings of the car and take it off?

You cannot undo any Weight Reduction work or Engine tuning, the rest you can chop and change with abandon.

although you can now add ballast and detune your engine.

I'm plugging for having the cars set to a performance point limit though, as it makes things alot easier than "this gearbox only, this turbo or lower etc)

Joah

ClioSport Club Member
had a bit of a play last night but because I already have the weight and engine mod fitted to mine I dont know the PP orginally but I was using 250hp with PP of 467.

with the ballast and detuner we could just set the PP to 450 and then you can just match that with whatever you like.

will post up the room tonight and probably be on till 9ish.

Oil Burner
Would like to do this race, but i don't actually won a CS lol

Will join if one comes up this evening.