ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Greetings all

Clio 182
Hi there,
New 182 owner here having recently purchased one following a lengthy search for my dream Clio. Not generally into the whole social media online chat kind of thing but felt I'd like to contribute having enjoyed reading through details of other members vehicles. Have found this site very entertaining, informative and incredibly helpful during my first weeks with a Clio sport.
LjrqfV

So this is the Clio as I purchased it, 75.000 miles, arctic blue, ff, few modifications; Jan speed exhaust, induction kit, black team dynamics wheels. Initially I wasn't sure about the wheels but luckily the seller still had the originals so I purchased them as well with the intention of refurbishing them at some point and possibly refitting. Luckily the seller also still had the original airbox which was included in the purchase. I didn't really think to record the work I've carried out sice purchase photographically so I'll just briefly describe. First job was to take the car in for a wheel balancing as i was getting an alarming amount of vibration through the steering wheel at 60mph +, after taking a look my local garage informed me that the team dynamics wheels had been fitted without spigot rings which was causing the instability at higher speeds (potentially very dangerous I was informed) purchased the rings and fitted which thankfully solved the issue. Next jobs involved a general cleanup of exterior, interior, engine bay and a headlight refurbishing. Next up was to reroute the air filter away from the engine where it was situated with the help of some 90 degree piping and replacing the nasty looking old filter with a new ram air cone (temporary alternative until I get around to refitting the original air box). Next up was an engine cleanup and paint including spraying the cover matching metallic blue. Full service followed and then I changed the crusty front disks and pads for brembo hc's drilled and brembo pads and back mintex drilled disks and pagid pads, also took the opportunity to spray the callipers silver (couldn't decide between silver or blue but had some spare high temp silver). Think that's it so far. Have really fallen for the car and it's been a pleasure to drive and work on so far and it's very satisfying to see it looking in even better condition. Next jobs are refurbishing the original wheels in anthracite and fit new tyres then probably swap for the team dynamics, not necessarily sold on the induction kit idea so may refit the airbox with higher grade filter (need some new air tubing where it's been torn out), possibly fit a cup spoiler and splitter and will need a new stereo as the CD player is broken. Here's some pics (hopefully).
KZVkvw
LjqZTZ
KuCJK8
LonWP9

Not sure about the wheels
KuD2qx

Or the induction kit
KuD9Za

LonWBW

Thanks for looking, be cool to hear from fellow owners in the south west area.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Welcome to CS . Good colour choice ,but I'm slightly biased :wink: Your pics aren't showing for me for some reason ? Personally I prefer the standard wheels on a 182 . I just think they look better. Go for a Skoda Fabia splitter , they dont break like the originals and cost a fraction of the price , around £13.00 from a Skoda dealership.

Clio 182
Hey there, yeah not sure what the deal is with the pictures, if you click on them you can open in a new tab and they seem to load in flikr but they don't show above. Have heard the Skoda splitter is a good option, will look into it. Agree with the wheel opinion also, think they'll be coming off when I refurb the originals. Cheers!

Clio 182
Thanks Ron. Forgot to mention above but thanks to George@RTR_Parts for the front disks, pads and fitting advice. Great service, price and quality, cheers mate.

Clio 182
Okay think I've worked out the image issue so will repost some below.
ATTACH]
IMG_20160822_191433_zps6gujk5yz.jpg

The wheels I'm going to replace with the originals or perhaps some speed lines?
IMG_20160822_154942_zpss2yyavun.jpg
IMG_20160822_154306_zpszfrnhju8.jpg
IMG_20160822_185834_zps1ekywuxk.jpg
IMG_20160822_185939_zpsqn8ntp1w.jpg

The induction set up after repositioning the filter
IMG_20160822_185858_zpss8ru1ejt.jpg
IMG_20160822_191505_zpsbnkn7wek.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20160822_191433_zps6gujk5yz.jpg
    IMG_20160822_191433_zps6gujk5yz.jpg
    369.5 KB · Views: 86

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Pics are working now . You've got the same FH55 part of your reg number as me . I'm guessing yours was from Motorpoint too originally and one of the last 182's registered . Not keen on the wheels though . It'll look better when you get the original wheels refurbed and back on :wink:

Clio 182
Yes it was indeed and yeah it's a 2006 one of the last models. Totally agree, I'd already requested the original wheels to be refited before I made the purchase but on seeing the car in person decided they actually looked pretty good (certainly better than in the photographs) but bought the originals as well which are the standard silver 182's in need of some tlc, next on my list of jobs I think.

I'd say keep that induction lot, looks great sounds great and some people have reported good gains as its away from the engine ( KTEC also do a replica of this for around £40? )

Clio 182
I was toying with the idea of boxing off the filter to decrease the chances of hot air being drawn in further but having read alot on here about them the general opinion seems to be the best option performance wise is the air box with a higher spec filter fitted, plus I've not found a box to fit. I don't really like the idea of potential HP loss as alot of users seem to think can occur with this kind of induction, plus I'm kind of all for keeping it as original as possible. Hmm, will give it some thought, do you lose a significant amount of noise with the airbox even with a better filter? To be fair the exhausts pretty throaty as it is so may not miss it too much.

I was toying with the idea of boxing off the filter to decrease the chances of hot air being drawn in further but having read alot on here about them the general opinion seems to be the best option performance wise is the air box with a higher spec filter fitted, plus I've not found a box to fit. I don't really like the idea of potential HP loss as alot of users seem to think can occur with this kind of induction, plus I'm kind of all for keeping it as original as possible. Hmm, will give it some thought, do you lose a significant amount of noise with the airbox even with a better filter? To be fair the exhausts pretty throaty as it is so may not miss it too much.

Give this thread a read,

http://www.cliosport.net/threads/th...duction-setup-that-works-just-as-well.761531/

I've had a K&N and a RAMAIR on the 2 cars I've had. Both give great noises, haven't seen any decline in speed or BHP but I've always had better MPG with cone filters. If you have a look online people say you lose low down torque but gain more higher up

Clio 182
Very interesting, thanks for the link. Reading alot of conflicting opinions, would like to give the air box ago perhaps just for a comparison but wheels need sorting first! Does anyone know where some kind of heat proofing could be aquired, I've messaged ramair and they said they don't make any for the 182.

Very interesting, thanks for the link. Reading alot of conflicting opinions, would like to give the air box ago perhaps just for a comparison but wheels need sorting first! Does anyone know where some kind of heat proofing could be aquired, I've messaged ramair and they said they don't make any for the 182.

eBay have quite a selection, to be honest I used a cold air feed on my old 1.2 using the fog llight holes
image.jpeg
( old 1.2 )

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Welcome Elliott. Car looks good, I love the engine detailing. Personally I would keep the induction kit, I swapped the airbox out for one and apart from the noise there's no noticeable difference. It also weighs a lot less which we all know is worth more bhp than the actual bhp from the filter[emoji38]. Ditch the wheels, they're horrible. There's a very tidy arctic on here in silver standard alloys that looks really good, have a look for it before you paint yours, you may be swayed.

Clio 182
Have been refurbishing the 182 wheels over the last three days on my breaks
IMG_20160824_162105_zps6o2omnxs.jpg
IMG_20160824_162115_zpsp60fwzln.jpg

As you can see they were in pretty bad condition

IMG_20160825_165911_zpsqacnezgc.jpg
IMG_20160826_170727_zps7jqsinfq.jpg

But now look like this, pretty happy with the results!
IMG_20160826_175641_zpsqapvl6x0.jpg
IMG_20160826_175649_zpsbgjqq0k6.jpg
IMG_20160826_175627_zpsxwrczhep.jpg

Having four new tyres fitted tomorrow! Nice!

Clio 182
Cheers jack, I'm quite pleased with them except the tyres are all in pretty bad condition but having a full set of kumho ecsta le sports put on tomorrow!

Clio 182
Welcome Elliott. Car looks good, I love the engine detailing. Personally I would keep the induction kit, I swapped the airbox out for one and apart from the noise there's no noticeable difference. It also weighs a lot less which we all know is worth more bhp than the actual bhp from the filter[emoji38]. Ditch the wheels, they're horrible. There's a very tidy arctic on here in silver standard alloys that looks really good, have a look for it before you paint yours, you may be swayed.
Cheers osspoop. Feels good to have gotten rid of the wheels.

Clio 182
Well tyres have been fitted but in the process the new paints been damaged, balls! Cheers osspoop for the coil over tip, I'll drop him a message!