ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Grand Theft Auto V

Jap Box
Meh, worth waiting for if its going to be good, might buy GTA IV again now seeing as game have a deal where it gives you another £5 off your pre-order if you buy IV pre-owned.

dk

911 GTS Cab
lol, anyone who didn't think it was going to be delayed by a year like all the other GTA games was kidding themselves.

Might as well buy the PS4 version (possibly one of the reasons its been put back?) as that'll be out before xmas.

SQ5
It's releasing on PS3 and 360, they wouldn't of had the dev kits for the next generation consoles.

It won't release on them for ten years!

They'll have dev kit's for the next gen console's already. More than likely, there will be a rehashed 'next gen special enhanced' edition once they're out.

F56 MINI Cooper S
Following on, damn the release date

[video=youtube_share;dD725cELLTQ]http://youtu.be/dD725cELLTQ[/video]

dk

911 GTS Cab
They 100% won't until it's a classic, like GTA3 is now on iOS and San Andreas on 360.
Everyone will be buying the new Xbox for Christmas, so at the very least the game will need to be compatible to play on it, it's too big an event for them to bring out their biggest game ever and not have it compatible with the new system.

its obviously going to be at least a year before we see fully next gen games, it will take them a while to unleash the extra power and take advantage of it.

SQ5
All new consoles will be backward compatible as this generation are.

Most of what I played on my PS3 at launch were PS2 games.

dk

911 GTS Cab
All new consoles will be backward compatible as this generation are.

Most of what I played on my PS3 at launch were PS2 games.
the current PS3's don't play PS2 games though unless they are downloaded from PSN, and in any case, if there is backwards compatibility, why would they bring it out 100% as a classic as you say, if its backwards compatible then it will play anyway, so what would bringing it out as a classic do, they wouldn't recode it after years to use the hardware, they'll be developing the next game, so I'm not sure what you mean really.

then you make a statement saying GTA won't release on the new consoles for 10 years, really? I'm guessing you are just exaggerating there as the first GTA on the PS3 came 18 months after release, and this GTA5 game was supposed to be released the end of last year, and now its been put back a year in total, so thats possibly time if they got their dev kits early enough.

Im not saying it will, but it will at least come out and be playable on the PS4, you're making out it won't see the platform for 10 years!

Clio 1.2 16V
Didn't San Andreas come out a bit before the xbox 360 was announced/released?

At least Uni wont get in the way of playing the game now :p

SQ5
the current PS3's don't play PS2 games though unless they are downloaded from PSN, and in any case, if there is backwards compatibility, why would they bring it out 100% as a classic as you say, if its backwards compatible then it will play anyway, so what would bringing it out as a classic do, they wouldn't recode it after years to use the hardware, they'll be developing the next game, so I'm not sure what you mean really.

then you make a statement saying GTA won't release on the new consoles for 10 years, really? I'm guessing you are just exaggerating there as the first GTA on the PS3 came 18 months after release, and this GTA5 game was supposed to be released the end of last year, and now its been put back a year in total, so thats possibly time if they got their dev kits early enough.

Im not saying it will, but it will at least come out and be playable on the PS4, you're making out it won't see the platform for 10 years!

The original PS3's did.

I was meaning how GTA SA was brought out as a classic last year for 360, in ten years time the same will more than likely happen with IV and V on the next generation console near the end of that's life. That's exactly what they done, they've recoded SA to bring it out on 360 and I believe PS3, the same as they did for III and VC for iOS.

I made a statement saying that V would come out as a classic later on as SA did on the Xbox, Rockstar would make a VI at some point in that time obviously as they did with IV.

I'm not making it out like that at all, to make it simple for you I'll summarise as you're clearly struggling.

GTA V will be made for this generation, it will play on the new generation consoles with backwards compatibility.

There will of course be a VI at some point down the line on the new generation.

IV and V will very much be rereleased on the new generation as a download as SA now is for the 360 and I think PS3, this will probably be in a good few years on a timescale similar to the length between SA original release and now!

dk

911 GTS Cab
Oh wow, i didnt realise you worked for rockstar games and Sony EE and knew all this first hand, my sincere apologies.

San Andreas for ps3 wasn't recoded to he for the ps3 though, it was the original just available for download, if you had the ps3 that played ps2 games and put it in it was the same.

Backwards compatibility was expensive (I have an original 60gb still myself), so that's why they removed it, there no saying the new ones will definitely have it , it's likely, but not definite.

Everything anyone says in here is just their own thoughts, no-one knows exactly what's going to happen, people might guess the right outcome, but nobody knows, it's ages sing game.

SQ5
Oh wow, i didnt realise you worked for rockstar games and Sony EE and knew all this first hand, my sincere apologies.

San Andreas for ps3 wasn't recoded to he for the ps3 though, it was the original just available for download, if you had the ps3 that played ps2 games and put it in it was the same.

Backwards compatibility was expensive (I have an original 60gb still myself), so that's why they removed it, there no saying the new ones will definitely have it , it's likely, but not definite.

Everything anyone says in here is just their own thoughts, no-one knows exactly what's going to happen, people might guess the right outcome, but nobody knows, it's ages sing game.

Any need for the sarcasm? I basically pointed out what's happened in the past. I don't believe I need to work at Rockstar to remember the past?

I'm going on the Xbox version which was slightly different in some ways, there would still had to of been work done to port it across.

The new consoles will be backward compatible, as otherwise a lot of people will not upgrade as it will render most games useless unless they have two boxes. There isn't going to be a mass amount of new games at launch. Both companies are concentrating on a one for all solution for gaming, streaming, movies, TV, etc... So I can't see why try wouldn't, both current consoles did at launch.

dk

911 GTS Cab
yes, it was this bit that required the sarcasm to be introduced, you being patronising.

to make it simple for you I'll summarise as you're clearly struggling.

Ibiza SC
Bit gutted about it being till September, but I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.

No worries though, got GTA4 to finally complete, as well as Forza Horizon, Far Cry 3 and the new Tomb Raider out soon to spend my time with til then.

Swift Sport
Are there any significant developments since the release of the trailer last year that are worth knowing about? Have they leaked much info yet?

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
I was waiting for Micheal to open the door and punch her in the back of the head when she was talking sh*t about him TBH.

Dude's got issues.

Evo 5 RS
I'd wager you won't be able to play this game on next generation consoles. At least not when/if they coincide at launch.

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
Well if you all stopped f**king about buying it for consoles and buy it for the PC...It won't really matter as it will have all the spangly dx11 stuff we all love and want anyhoo. Only painful part is having to wait longer for the game, worth it though.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Well if you all stopped f**king about buying it for consoles and buy it for the PC...It won't really matter as it will have all the spangly dx11 stuff we all love and want anyhoo. Only painful part is having to wait longer for the game, worth it though.

Aside from the fact that they've still not announced it for the PC, and it's not looking like they will :/

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
I'm pretty hopeful. I'm sure it has followed this trend in the past. Later announce and a later release.

EDIT: IGN have it listed for PC and according to one of their pieces they report its listed for PC on the french Amazon site. Not definitive I give you that, but as said, i'm hopeful.

http://www.ign.com/games/grand-theft-auto-v/pc-20593

dk

911 GTS Cab

Any need for the sarcasm? I basically pointed out what's happened in the past. I don't believe I need to work at Rockstar to remember the past?

I'm going on the Xbox version which was slightly different in some ways, there would still had to of been work done to port it across.

The new consoles will be backward compatible, as otherwise a lot of people will not upgrade as it will render most games useless unless they have two boxes. There isn't going to be a mass amount of new games at launch. Both companies are concentrating on a one for all solution for gaming, streaming, movies, TV, etc... So I can't see why try wouldn't, both current consoles did at launch.

New playstation 4 confirmed as not being backwards compatible with older discs, only through a cloud streaming solution, not sure how that will work if you already own the game.

like I said though, we aren't to assume anything will be included......

SQ5
That's a massive backward step in my opinion. I hope the Xbox doesn't do that as I'm not worried about the PS.

I would hope that there would be someway of putting the game in and it registering that copy and being able to download a version of it. Unsure how they would do it without exploitation though.

But buying a game that's 6 months old and then having to download 5gb worth of game again 6 months later to play on your new console can't be a good idea.

I would hope the Xbox is backward compatible as they are always talking about an all in one solution for gaming, Blu ray, streaming etc... So why would you want a separate box to play old games.

Also unsure on the logistics of making a console backwards compatible but I wouldn't say its too difficult and imagine its just a way for Sony to try and rake some money back in!

If you really want to play your old games simply keep your existing Xbox/PS3. I really don't see why people think its a big deal and fully understand why it would be dropped. From a support point of view its just another component that needs servicing, a bug appears and you need to dedicate developer and testing resources to put together updates. Then do you test every old game or just the releases from the last 6 months, if you do decide to take that route then there's more cost involved. What is a game doesn't work, another patch? More dev cost and risk.

Another issue is how do you provide the compatibility? If you design a brand new console O/S from the ground up then you are looking at having to provide an emulation layer, more cost and testing. Sticking with the same O/S but keeping compatibility? You are then restricting innovation as you start introducing dependencies between core and compat components that need to be evaluated if new functionality is added.

These are games consoles, they are not like an PC/Mac operating system where compatibility is may be a key goal to ensure businesses can get the benefits of a new O/S while continuing to use old software.

Evo 5 RS
Pretty much ^

It's a lot of internal resources just to code up something that can emulate crappy old hardware. When people can just go out and buy a second hand PS3/360 for next to nothing or use their existing one.