ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gordini

Clio 182 inferno
My neighbor has just purchased a brand spanking new gordini.
Ive never really taken to the new shape, always preferred the 182, but this has changed my mind.
Lovley car.
I want one!

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Possibly the worst renaultsport made- a shade ahead of the 182 Cup-

S

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
when people think of a gordini they think of the blue ones with horrible wheels i saw a white one with speedlines and it looked good, still a lot of money for a car thats pretty much the same as a white speedlined 200 (or is it a different white?)

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Discussing personal preferences is kind of pointless. Some of us like blonde girls some brunettes.

I'll take anything with a vigina tbh.

Car wise, I'm not a fan of the Gordini. I think it's the wheels, stripes and stupid white details I hate. So all of the Gordini stuff really.

Rusty Cup
I love the shape of the 200 but the Gordini is full of fail imo, dont like the colour, the wheels, the interior plus the steering wheel is mingtastic!!

But each to there own, i reckon the 200 range needs a real special edition with rear seat delete, group n tarmac dampers, track day rubber and such :)

Clio 182 inferno
Discussing personal preferences is kind of pointless. Some of us like blonde girls some brunettes.

If no1 gave their own personal opinion then whats the point in a "general discussion" forum!?
I drive an inferno and everyone has their own personal opinion on that. Some love some hate and the reason i know that is because people have their own personal opinion!

Fiesta ST-3
A guy local to me bought a Twingo Gordini. It looks so s**t. Funny thing is he thinks its the bees knees.

Abarth 595
b3Xbp.jpg

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Twingo Gordini looks better than the 200, think with the anthracite alloys they look fine, seem to suit the shape better imo

5.jpg

Last edited:

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i like the gordini twingos, would be cool if you done a wheel refurb on them. i had a blast with one in the dci the other day, they go well for what they are!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
yep, as said, you can get them with anthracite inserts rather then blue. Look fine then

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
You could always buy the cheaper Clio Gordini 128 - 3Dr or the Clio Gordini 106 - 3Dr

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
I saw my first Gordini Twingo this weekend whilst visiting the UK - It is without doubt the most hideous chav wagon ever designed. It may drive well, but christ it's unpleasent for anyone over 13 years of age to look at.

350z, Subaru Legacy
Genuine question.

To the owners of Gordini 200s - How did you justify the premium to yourself when you were signing the dotted line in the showroom?

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
The Twingo Gordini replaces the Twingo GT IIRC. The Twingo Renautlsport Gordini is just a 133 with some s**t white bits and stripes. I think that's correct anyway.

133/225/CLS AMG
That's not the one I was on about. It has 15'' turinis.

That's the Gordini 1.2 TCE, basically a Twingo GT but painted blue with stripes. Bit naff in my opinion.

That car above on the other hand..............is mine. And now looks like this -

10.jpg

Personally I think the Twingo 133 pulls off the Gordini look a bit better than the Clio 200. As purposeful and mean as the 200s look, they're not handsome cars so the Gordini version seems to emphasise it's lack of looks. I personally think the Twingo manages the look somewhat better, all be it I'm under no illusions that it's a Marmite car.

Weo

It's the same car as any other 200 but with a much better spec... "and will piss all over your type R any day".

Genuine question....

Will it?!?!?

I thought the Gordini 200 was exactly the same engine and peformance at the standard clio 200, which there for makes any Civic Type R faster....? right?

Mini Cooper S sport
I just think the white bits don't really go with that metallic blue.

Maybe they look better in the metal.