ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Google Nexus 5

I know a lot of these phones have loose power buttons but mine rattles straight from the box and mini USB cable sits very loosely and tried other cables and its the same.

What are cpw like on returns/exchanges?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I've not heard of any of those problems.
The only issue I'm having is with charging, but I'm sure that's down to the cable.

I imagine if they have stock they should swap it out for you? How long have you had it?

HBT 172 Cup
Only probably i've had with mine is the mini USB cable is shite. it's so loose now and you have to push it to the side for it to register charging. I bought a few new cables of ebay and its much better, so it seems the cable wears and not the port (thankfully).

A quick google search shows I'm not alone with power button. Im quite aware that not all manufacturing is perfect, but its quite an auidible sound when typing or tapping when playing games.

Will hopefully get down to my local cpw one evening this week.

2014 Focus Titanium
My only issue is that only the standard charger charges at a decent rate (about 1% per minute), my two official Nexus 7 (2.0A) chargers and my Mrs' HTC One S charger both take an age. So annoying how it won't take decent current from them!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
The charger my Mrs got with her 7 charges both my 5 and her Sony really quick.
It was from Amazon though and it came with the American plug which she still uses with an adapter. Twice as fast as my standard charger.

So I got both the Spigen Neo Hybrid and Slim Armour. After much debate Im sticking with the Slim Armour so if anyone is interested in the Neo in black/slate let me know and can arrange a sale.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
So I got both the Spigen Neo Hybrid and Slim Armour. After much debate Im sticking with the Slim Armour so if anyone is interested in the Neo in black/slate let me know and can arrange a sale.

You still got the case? I thought I spotted a for sale thread for it, unless I'm being blind?

My screen is having issues. Its kinda loose or something. When I press the left side its making a clicky noise. Very annoying!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
My screen is having issues. Its kinda loose or something. When I press the left side its making a clicky noise. Very annoying!

Pop the back off and check all's tight behind. My mate changed his screen the other day and it was very easy.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
My brother was round the other night having a play with my N5. Said he was thinking of swapping his S5 for one as he's already getting pissed off with how sluggish and clunky it is and says the nexus is a LOT nicer to use.

coolstorybro

2014 Focus Titanium
My brother was round the other night having a play with my N5. Said he was thinking of swapping his S5 for one as he's already getting pissed off with how sluggish and clunky it is and says the nexus is a LOT nicer to use.

coolstorybro

Couldn't agree more, I had a play with an S5 the other day and it just felt nowhere near as snappy as my N5. Can't wait for the Android Silver/Nexus 5.2/Nexus 6 to be announced, although I can't see it improving much on the N5 so might just stick with this!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I think the main improvement will be the camera as it's not the best on the N5.
Mines still running as fast as the day I got it. Can't see me leaving Android at this rate.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
I think the main improvement will be the camera as it's not the best on the N5.
Mines still running as fast as the day I got it. Can't see me leaving Android at this rate.

Yeah the camera isn't great, however I'm not someone who is taking photos every 30seconds of my life so it doesn't overly bother me.
Can't see me ever leaving android either, and it'll take something special to move me away from future Nexus releases also

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I don't use mine that much as I usually have my camera with me. It'd just be nice to have a fairly decent phone camera but there has to be a compromise I suppose with the spec of the phone and keeping the price fairly low.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I don't use mine that much as I usually have my camera with me. It'd just be nice to have a fairly decent phone camera but there has to be a compromise I suppose with the spec of the phone and keeping the price fairly low.

To me the N5 camera is fairly decent.

Decent enough for images on a forum, not decent enough for formal wedding pictures.

The speaker's a bit rubbish too. Those are the only downsides if you can call them that.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
The main camera is good enough for a phone, I accept that. My main issue with it is if I use the panoramic or photo sphere then they usually come out pretty s**te. Not stitching right or having a really bad horizon.
Battery is OK though. Charge over night and it usually lasts the day unless I'm bored at work without my tablet.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I find the new browser faster? Also refresh is there, you just have to click the dots on the right for it to show.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
I find the new browser faster? Also refresh is there, you just have to click the dots on the right for it to show.

Yeah it is quicker, and I am liking it now. I just dont like change lol.

Just a bit poo that ya now have to open the 3 dots to hit the stop or refresh button, rather than it just being in the address bar like before

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
So, anyone watch the iPhone 6/6 Plus stream and think "Wow you're bringing out all Android features".

Major yawn. Unless Google f**k up with this whole Android Silver program Apple will never come close again imo. Siri/Spotlight will NEVER compare to Google Now. It's much better.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Apple Pay...is that not something similar to google wallet, that's been around a while? Granted you can't use it over here yet.

I've not watched the launch btw so it could be something completely different