ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Goodyear Efficient Grip...

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
As above, these or Rainsport 3's - going to be ordering three tomorrow (i have one of each of the rear axle lol) whats best? Has to be said i do like Uniroyals!

Cheers, Danny

Get a size or two bigger on the Rainsports 3.
I've got 195's on and they seem a little small/narrow on the footprint.
Almost as though a 215 would sit better and give a little bit of rim protection.

Listerine & Poledo
Goodyear, everytime there's the option.

That said, I'm a brand ***** for tyres....for some reason I cant fathom

koi

Audi S1
Prefer the Rainsports to the Hankook V12's I have now and will go back to them when they are done.

Not tried the Rainsport 3 but bro was impressed with them on his car.

LY FF182
Efficient grip are s**t on a car like the clio, great for granny going to the shops in a micra but something with a bit of power and handling.. Just no. Better buying 4 t1r's or rains port 2's.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Get a size or two bigger on the Rainsports 3.
I've got 195's on and they seem a little small/narrow on the footprint.
Almost as though a 215 would sit better and give a little bit of rim protection.

Standard size on the Speedline wheels is 195/45/16, unsure why you'd change that?

Efficient grip are s**t on a car like the clio, great for granny going to the shops in a micra but something with a bit of power and handling.. Just no. Better buying 4 t1r's or rains port 2's.

Really mate? I think I'm going to stick with the Uniroyals then, couldn't fault them on the front, £240 for four is a bargain as well..!

I've got four odd tyres lol.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Why not Michelin ps3? Can get them under £90 a tyre in 205 so 195 must be about £80? Or do they not do them in that size?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I fitted uRainsport3's to a clio I had and the 195 tyre looked wrong. It could definitely do with a 205 tyre instead.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I've got the efficient grips and I think they are an awesome tyre. My cousin who owns a tyre shop recommended them. I really rate them for everyday use.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member

no chance would I be buying T1R's over the Efficentgrip and I used to rate T1R's for the price.

Twingos come with them from the factory and they have bags and bags of grip, we do 36k miles out the fronts on them too!!!!

mk1 Octavia VRS
Had Efficientgrips on another car and they were great all rounders. Not tried Uniroyals before. Hankook Ventus S1 evos are also good for the money, currently have them on the front of my 172 and had them on a different car too.

LY FF182
I fit loads of efficient grip/blue response/ that sort of thing to loads at work, they basically built for better economy... Which comes from less grip. No good for driving round corners quick (before CS police get involved, who owns a cliosport and doesn't push it hard round corners from time to time on the road?) 4 T1r's from demon Tweeks comes in under £200 so surely could be cheaper elsewhere, and personally Id much rather have t1rs over efficient grip.

Rainspprt 3's I've never driven with but read that 2's are better? And 2's are not much more than t1r's to buy

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I've run my car with both efficient grips and t1r's and the efficient grips are heaps and heaps better. I confess to having some spirited drives in the national speed limits and the efficient grips way outperformed the t1r's. All in my humble opinion of course.