ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gold DCI 80

clio dci
Hi, this is my first post on here.

I drive a gold 2003 1.5 DCI 80 dynamique and since having it i've done a fair bit of work on it.
Bought it last year from a guy that didn't love it much, 106k but a bit rough on the engine, great bodywork though.
Since then its had all the injectors replaced, new fuel lines, new discs and pads, a full service and numerous other mechanical bits.
Now though, i'm thinking i want a bit more from it. I'm a student so progress is slow, all that's been done so far cosmetically is the 182 interior, a massive improvement over the standard. Changed the speakers for high quality components too.
Thinking that the suspension is starting to go now though, so could someone tell me if the 172/182 suspension would transfer directly into mine? Probably will get the entire arm 2nd hand off a fairly low mileage donor.
Also thinking about putting the 172 front and rear bumper on, has anyone ever done this to a gold clio before? Should have some anthracite standard 182 alloys coming soon too and hopefully the xenon's from a donor, a worthwhile purchase?

Cheers,
Ollie

You could get 172 suspension to fit but its a few bits you need the ARB the wishbones the driveshafts the abs rings would have to be custom made then you need shocks made to fit and springs. You would also get the 172 brakes and disks so you would idealy need the 172 brake piston since this isn't the same as the dci one.

For the hastle its not worth it, if you want spend a lot on some decient suspension get some expensive good coiloveers setup properly.

The brakes don't need upgrading I had to on mine to DS2500's but thats after some very hard track days at bedford (which if your not aware is about as hard as you can go on brakes no other track has every before or since faded brakes like that place can).

If you do want to upgrade for looks then there the ktec 285mm kit which IMO is rubish (I've owned it) and is for looks only (no shame in wanting it for looks just admit that for performace for the money you can do better).

The other upgrade root and if you realy want all out is the way to go is 4 pot superlight calipers with stock disks to help reduce unsprung weight (172 brakes and disk are heavy even the caliper on the dci isn't light so lighweight 4 pot etc calipers are an upgrade if you need it)

As for the bumpers its been done before do a serch its discussed a lot.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
dont touch the suspension unless your spending decent money imo. i tried a few combinations on my dci100 and was unhappy with them from eibachs to eibachs with bilstein black's which wernt as good as stock dampers no mater what they are supposed to be, the standard dampers dont suit a stiff spring, id be interested to try them with a set of 172/182 springs but again i recon they would be unsuited to the dampers.

if i was doing it again id go the full hog and run 182 cup setup (dampers, springs (or eibachs), ARB, brakes and have it setup properly.

as edde says, standard brakes are sound, especially with a set of uprated pads and or discs, but the bigger 280mm RS setup is a decent upgrade, but it is all the hastle involved, ok if you can do it all yourself!

Clio Mk2 PH1 1.4 16v
abs rings wouldnt have to be custom made at all. as its not the lower ring number thats on the 8v's.

xenons are worth buying.

to run the sport set up front youll need

lower arms, arb,hubs, calipers/discs/pads, shocks. track rod & track rod ends to put onto your steering rack, and personally go for braidied brake hoses. had them fitted to the van mickb thread,

if your going for a rep anyways. get some pics up

clio dci
Hi Guys,

Been a good while since i've posted, thought it was about time to put up some pictures.

Any thoughts? Sorry for the poor quality.....camera phone.

Cheers,
Ollie

photo_zpsbf6a25ef.jpg

photo_zpsdfff2ca4.jpg

photo_zps55c0308d.jpg

photo_zpsf7cce54e.jpg

clio dci
Cheers, not bad for 128,000 miles!
Think the next plan is to cc the side strips, not sure if the gold will have faded though and make it difficult to match. Had a yellow ibiza before and it was 5 different shades of yellow!