ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Glass

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
I'm hopefully getting some new wipers soon as they ones I have are awful and just makes it dangerous. But I don't want to put the fresh ones on dirty glass, what can I use to probably clean the glass and possibly protect it? I have turtlewax glass cleaner but it seems to be very smeary and just doesn't clear very well, like it doesn't look like glass, inside and outside of the glass gets so smeary despite being cleaned.

is there a special cloth I need to clean glass?

also everytime I go out to my car the insides of the glass all windows are running with water, it's so annoying i have to get the kartcher out and them I'm left with streaks of water and then I wipe it with microfibre then it just gets all smeary!

Is there anything I can do to prevent that? do products like anti fog work well?

If there's a good guide or thread to glass cleaning and protecting and preventing I'd like to see it

Clio 182 Cup
I've watched a few of his videos and they are all good so I recommend subscribing to his channel. He does a good one one about refurbing headlights too.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Clean glass and apply G5 or similar. Tbh the comparison video when it's raining is pretty crap imo. Yeah it's better but not as good as you using a proper rain repellant like g5

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
Clean glass and apply G5 or similar. Tbh the comparison video when it's raining is pretty crap imo. Yeah it's better but not as good as you using a proper rain repellant like g5

I thought that too! the rain is a lot different, Before video the rain is a lot heavier!
I may try G5! what to do about the inside though? Antifog any good?

Just cleaned my windscreen inside and out and fitted the new wipers. Despite giving it a thorough clean, I've noticed that's there's sooooo so many scratches and little chips that that contributes to the horrible glare at night. I think my windscreen might need claying

Volvo S40
Sorry to hijack but my windscreen is also covered in lots of fine scratches that reduce visibility at night. Might be a stupid question but is it possible to polish scratches out of glass in the same way you can remove swirl marks from paint?

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry to hijack but my windscreen is also covered in lots of fine scratches that reduce visibility at night. Might be a stupid question but is it possible to polish scratches out of glass in the same way you can remove swirl marks from paint?
Was thinking this too! I've properly cleaned my windscreen now, clayed it and everything but there's just so so many fine scratches all over that at night when cars coming towards you it's so awful it's like so glarey and irritating! What thinking about getting a new windscreen if it's not too expensive?!

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Was thinking this too! I've properly cleaned my windscreen now, clayed it and everything but there's just so so many fine scratches all over that at night when cars coming towards you it's so awful it's like so glarey and irritating! What thinking about getting a new windscreen if it's not too expensive?!
If it's chipped, £80 excess through your insurers iirc.