ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Girlie in need of advice pleeease!

LY V6 with Recaros
I'm considering changing my stereo, I've heard that the Alpine one is good, but which one is the best, there seems to be quite a few that are all quite similar, I want the one that changes colour to the dash and also plays mp3 cd's. I've done a search on here though, and it looks like you can't get a steering wheel adaptor on 05 and 55 reg yet, is this true, or are they available now??

Thank you! :D

BMW M135i
You can get an adapter for the steering controls but its silly expensive for what it is, around £100 I think.

If you want it to change colour to match then you need one with multicolour illumination which looking at the alpine site means you need either a 9853R or a 9855R, i've got a 9855R which allows you to set the four main buttons to whatever colour you want and the rest of them to either white or red. When I set the main buttons to orange and the rest to red its a pretty good match to the dash although its not perfect. (can get pics if you want)
If the 9855R is too expensive the 9853R will do the same except the other buttons only go either green or red this time, main buttons still go to whatever you want.

9855R:
http://www.alpine-europe.com/content/english/a580.det.CDA-9855R_CD--MP3--WMA-RECEIVER.htm
http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=4173&cadid=9ab08cd665eb681cbb97895aab916d22

9853R:
http://www.alpine-europe.com/content/english/a581.det.CDA-9853R_CD--MP3--WMA-RECEIVER.htm
http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=4109&cadid=9ab08cd665eb681cbb97895aab916d22

I've been very impressed by my 9855R but the 9853R has essentially the same feature but it doesn't come with a remote (oh the horror) and it doesn't have the biolite screen either which is why I went for the 9855R. Some people don't like the glidetouch on them but i've had no quarms with it, took a few hours use to get used to but then I was laughing.

Hope this helps somewhat, any other questions just post em up.

LY V6 with Recaros
£100 :eek:Thanks for that, so can I get an adaptor for a 55 reg? I like the look of the glide touch!

BMW M135i
Deb182 said:
I like the look of the glide touch!

Well you'd be the first person there!, don't let it put you off what people say about it. IMO it works very well and I like the idea behind it.

LY V6 with Recaros
So is the main difference between the 9855R and the 9853R is the colour of the other buttons? Do they both have the touch glide?

Lee

BMW M2C
I've got the 9853R in the Trophy.

It's nice, but as has been said the glide touch is a gimmick. In a car as stiff as the Trophy it's hard to use it without your finger bouncing off the strip.

InCarTec now do an adaptor to allow you to use the dash display and controls on 05 and newer Clios, but Caraudiodirect still don't appear to stock it (though I've not checked that recently, so will check).

alpine1.jpg

alpine2.jpg

v.cheapferrari
has the 9855r got the facility to have graphics on the display when music is playing or wallpaper??

Lee

BMW M2C
The reason I didn't get the 9855 is because it's silver in colour, and I wanted a dark headunit to not stand out in the dash.

BMW M135i
^^^
Yep there is that if your bothered about it blending in as much as possible. I just wanted the biolite screen.

BMW M135i
Its the prettyier lcd looking graphical screen rather than the normal text only one. The pictures i've posted are of the biolite screen, the pictures Lee posted are of the normal one.

LY V6 with Recaros
Ahh, yep I see, lol at trying to put it into simplified 'girly' language by calling it the 'prettier' one! :p

BMW M135i
High end stuff, look very stock. Not the best looking or the most flashy but the sound quality will be A1.
Won't see the most out of one if your just changing the headunit but if you like the stock look then you can't go far wrong.

LY V6 with Recaros
Yeah, I don't really want anything flashy, I want it looking fairly standard so it blends in with the interior well.