ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Giong for the ultimate clio

TrackCar & F30 330d
Right, everybody wants their car to be the fastest, coolest, etc. Probably best getting a mod to change the name of this thread to "Monaco 172 track car" or something as calling it the Ultimate clio has got you a little stick lol

My advice is to strip everything you possiablely can out of it, so you'll be maximizing the BHP/ton of the standard engine.

Get a decent set of coilovers and possibalely a whiteline rear anti roll bar.

Get the suspension properly set up for track at a professional garage.

Get a decent quality exhaust like a Yozza or K-tec it will add to the weight loss too.

Then get a year's worth of track days, learn how to drive your car on track. Perhaps to a air field track day first and push your car beond its limits so you know where they are.

Then after you've done all that then do you engine mods and get a LSD as with anything over 200bhp IMO is the limit to been able to throw it around and stamp on the loud peddle.

Have a look at the big project theads and see what gear people go for and you will soon realise what stuff is poo and what stuff is worth buying to make your 172 into the ULTIMATE clio ;)

Swift Sport
As Warren said, the key to being quick on track is a well set-up car and some decent driving. The quickest people on many trackdays are often experienced drivers in relatively standard cars.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Argh my eyes... But if you love it thats all that matters I guess!

Betty Big Bum R26
I think you should fit a 197 rear diffuser. That coupled with the huge front splitter should allow you to drive on walls/ceilings etc. And since you won't need to be braking, the brake system has to be another 50kg's of dead weight?

do people go on your threads and rip the p**s out of you,the lad has idea's and is obviously not shy of a bit of work.

as an area rep you should be setting a better example

leave the guy alone

What a s**t thread - seems to have attracted every tw*t on here

Just because your/my idea of the "ultimate clio" isn't the same as Ryans - why talk so much s**t?

My idea of an ultimate clio is my cup with nice comfy leather recaros and a nice sound system. Other peoples idea of ultimate clios are stripped out racers

Fair play to the lad for having a vision of how he wants his car, putting the time and the money needed into it and not being phased by idiots slagging him off

It beats the average progress blogs with dreamers going on about the throttle bodies they'll never afford and getting nowhere with their projects!

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Im my opinion the quickest and the best Clio's off this site have long gone and the owners with them. The old school guys seemed to have grown up and have family motors these days.

Think the majority of people on here are more interested in bodykits, buckets seats and detailing than building a fast car. Each to there own i suppose.

R

Ryan varns

thanks for the more positive feed backs, i was a little drunk when i did this thread last night, now realiseing ive cocked up with the naming of this thread and dont no how to change it now can any one help

Evo 8 MR
PM a moderator and ask them to change it to something more subtle, your only going to keep getting dodgy feedback with the title the way it is.