ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Giong for the ultimate clio

AK

M240i
get it stripped out too, get rid of 100 kgs and power to weight ratios says you gain 15-20 brake, deffinately makes a differance, does make the rear end more lively though

06122009071.gif

This is Ben's lol.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=426681&page=11

R

Ryan varns

ive had an idea, its stupid but here it is. i was thinkin of trying to adapt a 197 rear diffuser they give about 150kgs of rear downforce and would help under heavy breaking

OLR

Ph1 172 and Red 197
I might add wings and a jet engine to my car it might fly then!

You’re going for the ultimate Clio and you buy cheap ass buckets :S

I've read the threads of people with insane Clio’s like burp and Ben.

Until more than bucket seats and some weight loss pictures are seen.

I proclaim you DREAMER BOY

Sorry for my rant Im just f*cking really in a bad mood 2 night

Last edited:
the splitter adds about 5-7 mph to corner speed so it works, and each to their own opinion

Whut?

I cant tell if your being serious.

Lose the splitter for a megane / pug 307 thin or fat / carbon ktec splitter, Will make the front end look a whole lot better.

Current one is massive !

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Ryan varns said:
ive had an idea, its stupid but here it is. i was thinkin of trying to adapt a 197 rear diffuser they give about 150kgs of rear downforce and would help under heavy breaking
Is this a duel account? Is someone on the windup? 150kg?? Jesus wept.

Whisker biscuit

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 Flamer
Il tell you theres some amount of w*****s jump on the bandwagon on this site, wee lad comes on with a few ideas and gets slated by the majority of people

TrackCar & F30 330d
You Forgot Paul At RStunings Clio that thing is awesome, especially how he keeps pushing for more and more.

Lol i was going to put that one in but i was thinking its more of a demo car. All the links i put were of normal people's hobbie track cars.

If you see what i mean.

R

Ryan varns

SQ5
Lol i was going to put that one in but i was thinking its more of a demo car. All the links i put were of normal people's hobbie track cars.

If you see what i mean.

Cheers for the plug :) I like to think mine is one too :p

Charged Ph1, what more can you want ;)

This thread has to be a wind up though

R

Ryan varns

I might add wings and a jet engine to my car it might fly then!

You’re going for the ultimate Clio and you buy cheap ass buckets :S

I've read the threads of people with insane Clio’s like burp and Ben.

Until more than bucket seats and some weight loss pictures are seen.

I proclaim you DREAMER BOY

Sorry for my rant Im just f*cking really in a bad mood 2 night
no worries mate, everything starts with a dream, dreamer boy i shall be lol, i do agree though ben and burps cars are awsome,

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I think you should fit a 197 rear diffuser. That coupled with the huge front splitter should allow you to drive on walls/ceilings etc. And since you won't need to be braking, the brake system has to be another 50kg's of dead weight?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I think you should add the diffuser to that frankly epic splitter. Then drive upside down through the tunnel at Monaco.

Golf GT TDI
poor b*****d being torn apart.

car looks ok bar the splitter but you can always change that but at the end of the day its your car and if your happy thats all that matters not what everyone else thinks

ITB'd MK1
no need to explain yourself to c**ts mate :)

here here. Ultimate is subjective anyway, your car, do what you want with it. Plenty of people that wont take the piss, with genuine experience of the performance side of things when you get to that bit. They're just normally better to talk to off forum ;)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Interesting that the op can take a ribbing, but others can't.

I'd strip it, sort the suspension, learn to drive it. Then go for power. But don't expect a bit of plastic to make a massive difference on a shopping trolley.

R

Ryan varns

Nothing wrong with my driving. I've had the car for 2 years and done 25,000 miles in it. Suspension will be sorted. I'm looking at gaz gold coilovers. And it's actually fibre glass lol

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Ryan varns said:
Nothing wrong with my driving. I've had the car for 2 years and done 25,000 miles in it. Suspension will be sorted. I'm looking at gaz gold coilovers. And it's actually fibre glass lol
Everyone's driving can be improved. F1 drivers having consistent training proves this. Arrogant to assume you don't need help. We all do.

R

Ryan varns

Everyone's driving can be improved. F1 drivers having consistent training proves this. Arrogant to assume you don't need help. We all do.

A reason why I started this thread but got slated pretty bad so thought you might be another one.

alien green rs133
just a heads up, i got gaz gold, they need softer longer springs, as the ones that come with them are way too stiff for on the road, the white line feels like constant pot holes.

bold statment indeed but....

go for it

everybody has an idea of how they want it to turn out and if you have the spare wedge go for it

although i would think more on the power side of things, ie N/A i think the highest one i know about was GDI's demo and that made 230-240hp

itbs and cams( with all the other bits) should see you around 215-225 hp but will cost wedge, personally if i was looking to beat subarus ect 2 words.......super and charger

[youtube]YBnukWZy7qM[/youtube]

that is all

best of luck...ignore the fools

182 trackday racer
Ultimate Clio and Gaz coilovers in the same sentence does not add up very well in my world. If you had written Öhlins or Yozza PSS10 it would have been more serious. By the way you can forget that dinky toy diffuser of the 197 addning anything worth mentioning to the downforce. Do a search on basic aerodynamics of a racing diffuser setup and you will understand why its crap.

Im sorry to say but if you want a ultimate track clio I think you are startning in the wrong end. Focus on the chassis to start with and lighten that car as much as you possibly can with that sorted you can start thinking about engine and anything else. You will benefit from weight reduction in all stages of driving, acceleration, braking, cornering the lot. God luck with your project.