ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ggrrrr ,where do i stand with this?

S'trollin on size 7s
ok abit of a long one but here goes..

the other week i got the mother to book my car in with the usual chap we use while i was at work as she knows him personally.
a case of crossed wires and i ended up at his old premises which happens to of been taken over by someone else so i never clicked on i was dealin with a different company.

anyway i got my driveshaft done because it was making a constant noise underneath and a knocking when i pulled off from junctions. and also paid for a full service,
which when i was there the lad was sayin they do a '90 odd point check' on the service, which includes loads of stuff but also includes taking your brakes apart and cleaning them and the car etc etc.
ok fair doos.
while i was still there when they went to jack the car up they bent the jacking point of the car and caused my sideskirt to come away and wouldnt click back on, obviously been rather annoyed i pointed it out and got them to fix it ..which when i went to collect the car all seemed well.

a few days later after findin out there had been a mix up and that i had gone to the wrong garage by mistake,and my usual garage also informing me that this other chap was apparently abit dodgy my noise issue when pulling out of junctions was still there so i took it to my usual garage this time due to refusin to take it to 'the dodgy guy'
which when they went to jack the car i found out the jackin point hadnt been touched in the slightest and was still bent, just the sideskirt had been re-attatched. and under inspection of the knocking noise, we found out it was my brake caliper that was loose and could wobble it with just your fingers :eek:

now correct me if im wrong but if they had done this '90 odd point check' including brakes and havent put it back together propperly then that is bad enough ,but the fact it was the same knockin noise as i had before my driveshaft was changed says to me that they have done no such check of my brakes whatsoever otherwise they would of surely noticed this issue. so either way you choose to look at it, it doesnt make sense.
Apart from the fact they also have not fixed my jacking point as they said they would makes me feel i should be payin them a visit and giving them a gobfull about either not doing the work propperly and/or just generally lying about the work they said they were going to carry out.. im just wondering if anyone else has ever had issues like this with garages and have ever got anything out of it!?? i reckon i am owed some funds for this.lol

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Two points I have taken from your post:

Why didn't you check before leaving they had fixed your jacking point?

Surely you noticed the knocking noise was still there straight after leaving if they had not done anything to stop it therefore why didn't you turn round there and then and take it back?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Don't waste your time or energy on it. You will get absolutely nowhere.

Just don't use them anymore and keep on using the guy your mum cuddles every now and then. ;)

Yeah I doubt you'll get anywhere. Best you can do is never use em again and make sure that family, friends, friends of family and friends of friends never use em either.

Barge
I don't understand why you didn't complain at the time?

You've had it fixed by your regular garage now, I assume - but to get anywhere in terms of consumer rights you have to have given those who carried out the original work a chance to correct it. If you haven't had it fixed, take it back.

If you have had it fixed then lesson learnt, don't go back and bad mouth them on the Interwebs/friends/family/an advert in the paper.

Last edited:
  S'trollin on size 7s
i didnt notice it straight away i must admit as its only odd knocks at junctions as the main noise the driveshaft was makin had been sorted, but by time i did id already heard about him been abit dodgy so i refused to take it back there again for him to no doubt try fob me off n try fill me with his bullshit so i took it to where i know is good, they are genuine chaps where i usually go. but yea i think i may ring just to give him a piece of my mind n get it off my chest ,make me feel better ,but your prob right , wont get any further than that though.