ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

getting bored of the 172

Milano Premier CTR
Is that going to be much different? Bit of boost yes, But something rwd, 4wd? M3, 350z evo? What do you need out of a car?

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Big difference here in spending a small amount on the 172 and getting a VXR.

If you have that cash have a look around and consider something else if you fancy it. Drive one and you may not like it.

clio172,nimbus 197
ye i wil test drive one first i love the clio but just getting bored and getting few probs now n again

clio172,nimbus 197
well just had the tdc sensor replaced its costing a fair bit like cambelt bit of power lose dnt no y the rattling small things which annoy me part from that i love it

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
well if theres only a few issues and you love it, get them sorted and save some cash by keeping the 172.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Really gone off the VXR. Too chavvy and brash for me. Can't think of a single reason to choose one over a Cooper S Works.

clio sport 172 cup
what mods r really goin 2 spice the clio up ... or for power whats best going for without turbo or bodies ?

albi 197
I had a look at the corsa before I bought my 197. I found it to be one of the most boring cars I've ever driven. The interior is pretty nice though and it feels pretty well made.

I'm sure with a few mods it could be livened up a bit, but out of the box I found the 197 to be far more entertaining to drive.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
take the bus to work for a fortnight. drive your mums car to the pub .. (presuming she doesnt drive something awesome lol) .. or hire a 15 year old transit for a weekend.

then, get back into the clio and see if you still wanna change :rasp:

Nothing at the mo :(
take the bus to work for a fortnight. drive your mums car to the pub .. (presuming she doesnt drive something awesome lol) .. or hire a 15 year old transit for a weekend.

im the same

Misses has a new ford KA and i usually drive that when we go to her mums

week later im having so much fun in the 182 :D so good

320d
What will stop you getting bored of the next car though? I'd give it a second chance, you may start to enjoy it again.

Clio 200 Cup

then, get back into the clio and see if you still wanna change :rasp:[/quote

THIS WORKS

I drove my girlfirends 1.1 Punto for a weekend and then got back in my 172 Cup on Monday. Smug.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep

THIS WORKS

I drove my girlfirends 1.1 Punto for a weekend and then got back in my 172 Cup on Monday. Smug.

:eek:

evil_genius.jpg

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I think a lot of these threads come from guys how live/commute in towns/cities. If you do a lot of stop/start driving they can be a pain to drive. Clutches are heavy, interior creaky etc. You guys need to open the taps on a good B road imo. For the money there is othing close imo.

Never above 25mpg
I think a lot of these threads come from guys how live/commute in towns/cities. If you do a lot of stop/start driving they can be a pain to drive. Clutches are heavy, interior creaky etc. You guys need to open the taps on a good B road imo. For the money there is othing close imo.
+1

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Definitely need to take it out and show it some corners.

B-roads are where it's best (ask Robbos :rasp: ) but I also get enjoyment from other roads too. I like the heavy clutch TBH .. driving my Mum's new-shape Micra is as involving as playing Forza on a control pad.

Fun can be had elsewhere though.. I took one of the managers at work out for the macdonalds run a few weekends ago. 50mph DC with a few roundabouts. Nothing around at 9am, first roundabout comes up, I'm sat at 50 as the engine is cold, he's chatting away but i see him start to tense up as the medium sized roundabout approaches and I'm no where near the brakes haha.. nothing coming from any direction, so I just straightline it at about 50 whist chatting away. He seems amazed we escaped unscathed from the turning of the wheel at the speed limit...!

On the way back on another bit of road, once the engine was nice and warm, he got pinned to the seat in 1st, 2nd and 3rd and he giggled like a schoolgirl for quite a while afterwards..!

Haven't persuaded him to chop in his Toyota Aygo yet tho... :dead:

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Assuming your car is standard, I'd get some Ferodo DS2500 pads and coilovers, V-Maxx are great option if you don't want to spend loads.

My car was absolutely transformed, by being able to brake harder and later and cornering ability was massively increased over standard. Felt like a completely different car to drive, so much more fun over the already great set up. You could get all that for around £5-600 fitted. Went out for a late night blast the other day and my mate was just amazed at how I could take the corners and the general rush from it all. Well worth it IMO.

ibiza cupra
get your self to a track day. you can really open it up were it performs best and not worry about losing your licence in the proccess

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
You just need to sort all the problems out then go out and drive it. change things theres loads of stuff to do. ive seen your car and its not the best example sorry to say

The crappy weather doesn't help, well that's my issue at the moment. I'd personally wait for abit until we get better weather before jumping ship because you may regret it, especially as you say you love it.