ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Getting back in a Clio. Can't wait.

Clio 200
Since selling my 182 last year, I've always regretted it and wished I'd kept it. Despite being the cheapest car I've ever owned, it was also the most fun.
I recently decided that I was going to sell my Octavia vRS and get something more fun and a little more track friendly. I had my heart set on getting another Impreza or maybe an Evo.
However, two days ago, I saw a Clio 200 with the cup chassis advertised at a garage just a few miles away.
Wow, what a car. I've never driven anything that handles like that. It felt incredible on the bends and I knew I just had to have it. Brilliantly, it already has some great mods, the Recaros, brakes upgrades, rear arb, exhaust, great tyres etc etc. It's also had the important belts done.
Deposit paid yesterday, picking it up next Thursday. Can't bloody wait.

Clio 200
Just got it earlier. Chuffed to bits.

IMG_0196.jpg

IMG_0197.jpg

172 Cup
Love it. Stunning colour too! Is that rare?

What's it like compared to the 182?

Clio 200
Well, I haven't had chance to really grab it by the scruff of the neck yet, so can't really compare it to the 182 just yet.
From what I've seen so far, it's much much more comfortable with the Recaros and seems a fair amount firmer and stiffer all round. With the exhaust it got on, it's also very very loud.
I'm heading out for a decent drive tomorrow to get a feel for it.

Clio 200
I paid £7.5k. I got a very good part ex price so it was worth it and almost a straight swap.
It's on 50k miles, full history and just had both belts done. Got some choice mods too.

m&l172ph1

ClioSport Club Member
  197 Cup
I was looking at a very similar car for sale not 1/2 an hour ago.

2010, Same colour but has 67k with recaros etc bit cheaper, very tempting.

Clio 200
I had a modified Octavia vRS. It was a brilliant family car and much quicker in a straight line, but I fancied something more fun and the Clio is way ahead in the chassis department.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
I'm in the same boat. They're just such good fun. Clio 200 or a nicely modded 197 is a serious contender for next car.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Lovely

I have an identical car instock like that on only 18k next week - cant wait!

Clio 200
Took it for a proper 2 hour thrashing today. I just can't believe how well sorted the chassis is. Any speed into any corner and it just sticks. Phenomenal.

Clio 200
Might have an official Renault centre arm rest going soon. Interior so much better without it. It gets in the way so much and creaks constantly. What a pile of tosh.

SG 200
Love the colour!

I adore my 200, so totally get you when it comes to handling. There really isn't any other car I've experienced that can handle so much cornering speed.