ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

George's TURBO 182

Think you are looking at £1500 without diff as the flywheel is custom made costing about £400-£500! Absolute work of art though, Andy shown me George's flywheel when I collected my car and it is such a shame its hidden away!

George - You crazy! s**t off a well greased shovel comes to mind!

Yeah for the complete gearbox including diff and all fabrication

You'd be best speaking to Andyrg for exact prices to be honest mate. However, as Ade182 points out - a lot of the work involves custom fabrication. It's easily as costly as a low boost turbo conversion.

Think you are looking at £1500 without diff as the flywheel is custom made costing about £400-£500! Absolute work of art though, Andy shown me George's flywheel when I collected my car and it is such a shame its hidden away!

George - You crazy! s**t off a well greased shovel comes to mind!

Just wait until you get used to yours :p you'll soon be upping the boost ha ha

Nice progress :D

Thanks mate.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
George, has your flywheel been put on yet?

if not im wondering if i could ask a favour which will only require a moment of time and an accurate tape measure...

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Phone EFI parts and ask him your questions im sure hell help you no bother

I bug Chris enough lol. It's not that important I'm just curious.

Would be be useful information to have for anyone doing the conversion too

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Lol it's a lot of hassle tbh.

but it's in it's infancy so the more people do it the more info will be available making it easier for the solo guy like me to do it :)

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
What's your power goal mate? As the clutch is 240mm you can get away with an organic clutch for a very long time!

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
Don't mind, the VAG box will rattle anyway.

yes an organic clutch paired with heavier pressure plate will hold approx. 400lb/ft. I'm running 330bhp on it now and have absolutely no problems whatsoever

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
4 pad, the main issue is the chirping/whirring sound when manoeuvring or letting the clutch up after down shifting, junctions etc! 
You wanna try driving up the internal ramps on a ferry then mate in traffic!! Loads of slipping the clutch, followed by everyone thinking your a dick and showing off when you lift off and all they hear is the turbo chatter!! 2 bar of boost made it, erm, loud! Flol

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
You wanna try driving up the internal ramps on a ferry then mate in traffic!! Loads of slipping the clutch, followed by everyone thinking your a dick and showing off when you lift off and all they hear is the turbo chatter!! 2 bar of boost made it, erm, loud! Flol

Yep I feel your pain, that was me 2weeks ago at Dover on the ring trip, only used to do it in reverse before Nür!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

The twin plate paddle clutch in my nova is like an on/off switch, I have two choices when pulling away pretty much: Stall, or Wheelspin

lol

Reactions: Gus
I am pleased and excited to say that it's coming back this weekend!

(assuming there are no issues as Andyrg won't actually let me have until it's perfect - he has worked tirelessly on this and despite plenty of headaches it's almost done)