ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

gearknob on mk2 ph1 clio

clio 1.4 rt
how easy and how do i remove and replace the gearknob on my clio for a sports one????

i just dont wanna mess it up so any pointers would be apreciated.

ol

clio 1.4 rt
has n e one every changed there gear knob? some one must have.

what method do i use just brute force and pull it off or will i need to saw and cut it off???

Golf GTI 1.8T
yes peeps have changed there knobs...not sure how they get them off though, I'd like to know meself.

Swapped mine last Xmas on a 2000 1.4 Si - I studied the thing for ages before deciding that the easiest thing to do was saw off the old one - did it in chunks to make sure I didn't bugger up anything important inside. Even having the chopped up plastic in my hand afterwards didn't reveal any easier ways that i'd missed - phew.

Ended up being really straightforward, and now have a lovely ally gearknob on (freezing cold on winter mornings though!)

Word of warning - if you saw off the Reno gearknob, the plastic powder is a nightmare, it gets everywhere, and gets engrained into the carpet - save yourself a MONSTER hoovering job and tape some paper or plastic around the area before you start sawing!

Clio II and Grand Modus
I also took a small saw and got rid of that ugly Reno knob.......Have a nice carbon knob now...:)

clio 1.4 rt
SiSteve said:
Swapped mine last Xmas on a 2000 1.4 Si - I studied the thing for ages before deciding that the easiest thing to do was saw off the old one - did it in chunks to make sure I didn't bugger up anything important inside. Even having the chopped up plastic in my hand afterwards didn't reveal any easier ways that i'd missed - phew.

Ended up being really straightforward, and now have a lovely ally gearknob on (freezing cold on winter mornings though!)

Word of warning - if you saw off the Reno gearknob, the plastic powder is a nightmare, it gets everywhere, and gets engrained into the carpet - save yourself a MONSTER hoovering job and tape some paper or plastic around the area before you start sawing!

thanks dude great help i did this method on my brothers fiat seicento, just hacked it off in bits, and thans to everyone ur all great help!

ollie mc!!!