ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gear knob

Renaul Clio campus
Hi there
I need to remove my factory gear knob for a nicer looking gear knob, I currently have a Clio campus 2007 and its a lift ring reverse but I'm not sure what I need to do before or after I take off the old gear knob.

Hi there
I need to remove my factory gear knob for a nicer looking gear knob, I currently have a Clio campus 2007 and its a lift ring reverse but I'm not sure what I need to do before or after I take off the old gear knob.
is it a phase 2. If so then they just have to be ripped off. There are pressed onto a knurled surface. You usually destroy them getting off. I had to use some mole grips to brutally remove it...

Renaul Clio campus
I believe it is a phase 2, also what would happen to the lift reverse ring after the gear knob is removed, would it be damaged or is it not attached to the gear knob?

The lift reverse tab isn't connected to the gear knob. Just take the insert out then grip it with some mole grips and twist if off, or at least that's how I did it. If it doesn't want to come off then you have to saw it off with a hacksaw afaik

Renaul Clio campus
I think its best if I let my local mechanic have a go at it first just in case, I have a tendancy to mess things up quickly

I think its best if I let my local mechanic have a go at it first just in case, I have a tendancy to mess things up quickly
thrr
there's nothing to mess up tbh mate. Just yank yer knob off. It feels wrong but there's nothing to damage. Up to you though.