ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gear box change?

KMW

Clio 182
How do I change the gear box in a 182, does complete subframe have to come off / down for box to drop out bottom?

KMW

Clio 182
I've had it with the thing, it's getting a new box fitted and sold. Been nowt but trouble.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Some of them are like that, some of them run for years with nothing but an oil change, depends what mood Frenchy was in when he made it.

KMW

Clio 182
3rd engine and second box has broken me, what was meant to be a cheap track day car has become a nightmare....
I've bought a BMW to replace it, French
boîte de merde

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I'm on my second gearbox after the first one shredded itself at 70mph, I learnt the hard way to check the box oil every now and again, it had all leaked out the selector shaft seal, the replacement leaks too but gets topped up every couple of months, thankfully the engine's as strong as an Ox.