ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gazwolds Track 172 Cup

172 Cup plus more
A little update as I been a little busy today.

I have now fitted 20mm spacers all-round.

ydura5as.jpg

ypy4y7ag.jpg

Fitted the Optimiz Access aircon delete kit (same as puremotorsports just they would not sell it me as I'm in France)

atyga8a4.jpg

7abybe8a.jpg

Moved my rear tow strap

3a6u3a5a.jpg

Worked on the front bumper vents for more air to the rad and oil cooler

ama8e4y5.jpg

atyzyveh.jpg

Bled the brakes again as the made my last pad wedge shaped after one trackday also fitted Mintex 1144 pads this time.

And just been generally tidying the car up ready for the ring in August.

Got a new helmet also :)

dagyzy7a.jpg

Cup In bits
Car looks really good, loving the lid too. Need to get myself one soon, did you get the full face visor with that too?

172 Cup plus more
Car looks really good, loving the lid too. Need to get myself one soon, did you get the full face visor with that too?

That's fella, year I got a visor also, it was one of the reasons I went for it and to also help Demon Tweaks gave me a really good discount as I had a few other thing from them and am driving around with there stickers on the car.

172 Cup plus more
Looking good Gaz, So are the Wilwoods ready to go now?

Nice lid, I have the Sports4 with both peak and full face shield.

Sonny the wilwoods are spot on now, was just a bleeding issue, I ended up using a whole bottle of fluid to be sure they defiantly had no air in them but its works brilliantly. The mintex 1144 are also very good but squeal like a b**ch but never mind it not to go to the shops or cruise the streets lol

Glad you got them sorted, just seems that some ppl dont know how to bleed 4 pots correctly. Im going to run DS2500 on mine so I can compare the difference between OEM and the 4pot breaking, then either switch to DS3000 or the 1144's. I fancy some squealing action to give the car more of a road presence pmsl

172 Cup plus more
Thanks for the comments guys

I will hopefully have some more track pics next week as I have been invited to a Renault Sport track day in Abbeville France on Sunday

172 Cup plus more
No more updates at the moment I have just been cleaning and checking everything ready for Nurburgring next month.

Will put some pics up when I have done more to it but her is a photo of it wait for it next thrashing

u9y5e7eb.jpg

172 Cup plus more
Just noticed all my phots do not work on this thread anymore:S

Anyway we have just got back from DN9 at the ring and had a great time it was such a well organised event and has now swayed me to stop doing the tourist days and stay on the trackday path.

The car performed perfectly and we are very happy with it.

here are the pics that frozenspeed took during the day and I must say there are really good.

995767_10153112917295201_1975065535_n.jpg

1098331_10153112917000201_1701861258_n.jpg

1150152_10153112917195201_1834639837_n.jpg

1098517_10153112918365201_8988289_n.jpg

1005457_10153112917870201_929783640_n.jpg

31484_10153113172630201_16045955_n.jpg

172 Cup plus more
Thanks for the nice comments guys, I am really happy with both how it looks and performs at the min

Gaz

172 Cup plus more
Hahaha yeah had a good play with a Evo 8 FQ300 at the ring were I stayed with him for around 3/4 of the lap, he didn't want to let me past so I decided to just sit behind him and show he was not gonna loose me, on the straights he obviously had the pace on me but every corner I was back with him.

At the end I decided to back off as his driving was getting too dangerous trying to get away from me and he was loosing control in the corners.

Unfortunately I didn't record it with my Gopro as I had been having problems with it and was saving it for later in the day were I thought I would be quicker which was a shame as it was probably one of my best laps lol

As for lap times I didn't actually time myself during he day as I am worried I will push myself to much, but from the footage I did record, I managed a BTG time of 8.54 in one and then most of the others were between 9 and 9.04 so very consistent. But I'm sure I did some quicker but as said I didn't record all to see.

I will upload the fastest video I took on YouTube later and put the link here.

Gaz

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Hahaha yeah had a good play with a Evo 8 FQ300 at the ring were I stayed with him for around 3/4 of the lap, he didn't want to let me past so I decided to just sit behind him and show he was not gonna loose me, on the straights he obviously had the pace on me but every corner I was back with him.

At the end I decided to back off as his driving was getting too dangerous trying to get away from me and he was loosing control in the corners.

Unfortunately I didn't record it with my Gopro as I had been having problems with it and was saving it for later in the day were I thought I would be quicker which was a shame as it was probably one of my best laps lol

As for lap times I didn't actually time myself during he day as I am worried I will push myself to much, but from the footage I did record, I managed a BTG time of 8.54 in one and then most of the others were between 9 and 9.04 so very consistent. But I'm sure I did some quicker but as said I didn't record all to see.

I will upload the fastest video I took on YouTube later and put the link here.

Gaz

I had a similar tussle to this with an evo 5/6 can't quite remember which now. He joined the circuit at breidscheid and just pulled straight out in front of me! Not good when you've set yourself up for an 80mph entry into ex muhle!
I proceeded to call him all the c***s under the sun and got left for dead on the straight (which only added to the infuriation) to then close him down on every single bend thereafter! Would he move? Would he f**k! Only one thing for it, send one up the inside into Bergwerk and scare him out the way!!!
Got it all on video too! Lol

172 Cup plus more
I had a similar tussle to this with an evo 5/6 can't quite remember which now. He joined the circuit at breidscheid and just pulled straight out in front of me! Not good when you've set yourself up for an 80mph entry into ex muhle!
I proceeded to call him all the c***s under the sun and got left for dead on the straight (which only added to the infuriation) to then close him down on every single bend thereafter! Would he move? Would he f**k! Only one thing for it, send one up the inside into Bergwerk and scare him out the way!!!
Got it all on video too! Lol

Hahaha good skills

172 Cup plus more
I'm running Federal RSR's at the moment but want to try something else next the only problem being the bloody think won't die hahaha they seem to be lasting a lot longer than I thought.

So far I've done about 40 laps of the ring, 3 days on Spa, and a day on Abbeville and they still have quite a bit of life left.

I'm thinking of using the Dmacks next

172 Cup plus more
It was 960kg last time I checked but I'm pretty sure it's less now as my weight saving OCD finds something to remove every time I work on the car hahahaha