ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gazwolds Track 172 Cup

172 Cup plus more
Well got my Gopro hero 3 black edition today ready for Spa in march, will practice mount it once the car is back.

qe9u2ura.jpg

6ynybu9y.jpg

172 Cup plus more
Well the headlight blanks are now done, I had to change my plan as I could not get the duct I had to fit so now I have used the original headlight insert to guide the air to my ktr induction kit.

The edges are not as straight as I wanted but everything I tried to fix it the hole became bigger but the same so I decided to stop before I ran out of headlight lol, hopefully when fitted it won't be as notice able.

Here a couple of pics and one with a old induction filter behind to show how I want it on the car.

nuzamu8e.jpg

ze3ery2y.jpg

ygyvazu5.jpg

172 Cup plus more
Sun strip was on eBay mate, it came as a two part kit so you can choose where tho put the Renault Sport bit

Looking spot on there Gaz, I like the cup racer style blanks. So do you swap the blanks over with the original lights when you drive to the circuit or is it a trailer job?

Have you picked the car up yet?

172 Cup plus more
Cheers fella's

Phil what you think to the brakes? I haven't drive mine yet to know.

Sonny for now I will swap them over but Cindy is doing her towing test on the 15th so hopefully will be using a trailer soon. Still not got the car back as Sanj has been having a few problems at the garage, hopefully the 9th now.

172 Cup plus more
So got my car back a couple of weeks ago from the garage and been really busy getting it ready for spa at the weekend here are a few pics of what's been done sorry for the quality but to busy to get the camera out.

As for the diff and gearbox rebuild the car drives great now and feels unbelievable in the corners.

Wilwoods fitted

y8a7u2u9.jpg

Whiteline arb

e3unu6u7.jpg

Fire system done

je8eteva.jpg

yguvu7e6.jpg

ery3a8e5.jpg

vunenupu.jpg

ze4u2yje.jpg

3e6y8u6u.jpg

Electric kill switch and fire pull

a2a8ysu3.jpg

Lexan windows fitted

byvujeja.jpg

7y4e9a3y.jpg

Headlight blanks test fit

ma9e3ujy.jpg

be3y3a6a.jpg

Boot catches fitted and locking mech removed

udubygy2.jpg

Done a lot of other little things but no real time to take detail pics, once I'm at spa I will try.

Gaz

172 Cup plus more
Yeah really looking forward to it Sonny seems ages since I last drove it on track, but the difference should be night and day.

172 Cup plus more
We got back from Spa yesterday and had a great time even though the first day we only got an afternoon session due to snow.

The car performed brilliantly and I'm so impressed with both the diff and the wilwoods. There are some new issues I would like to sort now before I take it on the track but nothing serious.

Also both me and the missis took a lot of lessons with an instructor and at one point he said she was faster than me lol as I had been making a lot of mistakes regarding lines but by the end of the two days he commented on the fact I had gone from an occasional track day driver standard to novice racer and that I most of given myself a good talking too after finding out the missis was faster hahahah

I didn't get any great in car vids as the gopro was eating the battery (maybe because the wifi was on). But here are some pics:

va2upy3u.jpg

ebatepe2.jpg

ybamu5y7.jpg

e4e6a4un.jpg

rapuryby.jpg

9y4y6ase.jpg

tuveza4a.jpg

arema9yr.jpg

uta9yja9.jpg

yzy3abag.jpg

Cup In bits
Car looks ace in the pics, yours is pretty much exactly how mine will look when finished.

Do you find the brake ducting fouls the wheels?

Cup In bits
...and mine pmsl

We should all do a track day would be fun. Swedecup get yourself to Spa in october ;)

Yeah mate quite similar to yours as well I suppose.

Gaz's car has the same brake ducts, headlight covers, sunstrip, wheels etc etc that I have bought and is exactly what i visioned for my thing.

Would love to tbh, I don't think I would take my road car (although a possibility) i'll see how the racer progresses this summer.

172 Cup plus more
Just a few little niggles sonny and the aux belt tensioner has stopped working so will be fitting the puremotorsport pulley kit :)

Swede: the ducts done cause me any problems with the wheels but the pipework did so had the remove them at spa, I will be looking into how to do it soon.

As for 4 blue cups at spa in oct that sounds fun otherwise l am doing the circuitdays ring trip in August also

172 Cup plus more
Hahaha glad you all like.

Northloop it's a great circuit, I am starting to enjoy it more than the ring now to be honest.

Agree amazing pics esp the 3rd one down.

Spa is one of my fav tracks, not sure if I like it more than the Ring as a track. Just the agro of TF closures are the main pain for me. Still want to do a closed event at the Ring.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I don't think I will ever love another track as much as the nordschleife mate tbh! I agree though, the spa circuit is awesome! The view from ea rouge back down to the pit area is amazing. Seeing the f1 cars come through there flat out was epic as well!

172 Cup plus more
decided to make a spec list again as the car has changed so much here we go

Suspension and Transmission

Bilstein B14 PSS
Coilovers
AST Adjustable Top Mounts
Eibach Front Camber bolts (2.5 Negative camber 2mm toe out)
KTEC rear camber shims (1.5 neg camber)
OMP strut Braces front and rear
Whiteline Rear anti roll bar
Quaife Limited Slip Diff (LSD)

Interior

Cobra Imola S Bucket Seats with Aluminium Side Mounts
Schroth ASM Profi 2 5 point harnesses
Custom subframes (to give an optimum seating position)
Geronimo Custom 6 Point Roll Cage with harness bar
QSP helment harness
Carbon Fibre Door Cards
Custom door pulls
Carbon Fibre Tailgate Cover
Carbon Fibre Fuel Pump Cover
330mm OMP Suede Steering Wheel with OMP Boss
Clio Cup Door Handle Surrounds
Odyssey
Extreme 25 Race Battery
Flocked Dash
Fully Painted Interior
Carbon panel with fuses,kill switch, electric window swithes and horn button
4.25L OMP Fire extinguisher system with x3 nozzle inside and x3 under the bonnet

Engine

KTEC Induction kit
OMP Inox Group N Exhaust
System (sounds incredible!)
Decat pipe
KTR Group N Upper Engine
Mount
KTR Group N Gearbox Mount
Powerflex Lower Engine Mount
Otpimz Access Aircon delete kit
Mocal oil cooler kit

Exterior

Skoda Fabia front slitter
Clio Cup Brake
Ducts (fitted with ducting)
Tow straps front and rear
Laxan windows
Fire and elctric kill pull cables
Aero catches on bonnet
Headlight blanks with air duct to filter (for some trackdays)

Wheels

Speedline 2118 Wheels in 15x7J
Fitment
Federal RSR tyres
Wheel Stud Conversion
16mm hubcentric spacers
all round

Brakes

Wilwood 4 pot calipers
Mintex 1144 front
pads
Brembo HC Discs