ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gaz.'s Nissan Skyline R32 GTR

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Brilliant piece of machinery Gaz. Looking forward to more pics.

Very very jealous the fact you got it all sealed up etc before it even hit the road!

I got it home in one piece, seems this one doesn't like BP Ultimate like the S14 didn't, had no choice though.

What a machine though, absolutely love it, pulls like a train and just goes. Left my dipshit mate in his DC5 for dust leaving some services!

Proper pics will come probably later in the week, I'm too busy enjoying it to bother washing it then rolling around on the floor with a camera.

Might whip it down to AET Turbos in Normanton and get it on their hub dyno, seeing as I've got a friend who works there. More for piece of mind the fuelling is OK than to see what it's making, as the boost will be getting wound up in time. Just need to sack the shitty standard brakes & wanky Jap tyres off really.

Cheers guys.

This is a quick iPhone snap of it when I went go collect it...

63D82106-8B3D-4900-86EB-4A6C2DCBA7DF-10486-00000A66E0983E26_zps893bd9f3.jpg

Also started tidying up the interior. New gear & handbrake gaitors fitted, the same style Nismo S-Tune leather gear knob I had in the S14A and a super rare OEM option armrest that has a cup holder section...

8334473D-C0A5-4584-85BC-7B5980C6E38A-10486-00000A66E83EB880_zps35c2b723.jpg

8FAA0B47-F365-4CEB-B018-02AB319E2245-10486-00000A66F7714CD0_zps2b4a57d7.jpg

AFC4FDFE-0E9A-4851-9703-87B65DC72C3D-10486-00000A66FE51517F_zpseb82d9e1.jpg

Also whipped this JDM gizmo out, appears to be a radar detector or something...

5B8B2E18-3B4A-4CD6-97B9-F58CBEAE1987-10486-00000A66EFD7D2CB_zps31a5ab82.jpg

I'll probably fit my Nardi steering wheel tomorrow, and that's a lot of the interior eyesore sorted.

Now tell us what it's like to drive?!

For a car thats done 126000 km, brilliantly. It's very tight still, tyres have a horrible flatspot from being sat still for months on end so you get the old wheel wobble, but they're s**t Jap tyres anyway that can't cope with our climate very well. Power delivery wise, it's fully spooled around 3.5k and just keeps going until the redline comes. It'll spin up in 1st & 2nd, and it has no qualms about stepping out of shape coming off roundabouts in 2nd/3rd if you provoke it. It's very conservative on engaging the 4WD TBH, I barely saw the "Front Torque" gauge move up from 0 apart from when I was being stupid with it! HICAS is a little spooky but makes the turn in very direct, I'll give that a few months to see if I get used to it, if not I may lock it out. Driving position feels pretty much exactly how the S14A did, plus it's insane seeing those bubble arches in the door mirrors and the spoiler in the rear view. The engine noise, it's beautiful. Boomy when cruising though but the exhaust isn't JASMA stamped (and I've found no identifying marks on it either), and that's with the Catalytic Converter still fitted. It hints at popping & banging, a decat will bring the noise on overrun :D. Brake wise, they're shocking, same size as standard S14/A brakes up front, which we both know sucked on a less powerful & lighter car! They stop you, but I daren't take it up to silly speed until they get sorted out lol.

The only bad thing from the drive down is it seems to pink at high revs on the BP Ultimate I had to put in it to get home, but again the S14A hated that stuff too, and it was fine when I test drove it.

I thought you had a toaster in your car, until I realised you weren't inside anymore...

I wish I had a toaster boot install, now that could be an upcoming must have mod.

I got it home in one piece, seems this one doesn't like BP Ultimate like the S14 didn't, had no choice though.

What a machine though, absolutely love it, pulls like a train and just goes. Left my dips**t mate in his DC5 for dust leaving some services!

Proper pics will come probably later in the week, I'm too busy enjoying it to bother washing it then rolling around on the floor with a camera.

Looks awesome! Seems like an amazing car :D
sorry about off topic but you had an S14? What are they like reliability wise?

Yes I did. Only issues I ever had with it tended to be caused by me or by fixing previous owner's bodges. I was originally going to import a Silvia S14 Kouki before I gave up and went after R32s.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
looks wicked mate! stick some alcon calipers on it and what wheels you gonna put on lol??

Yes I did. Only issues I ever had with it tended to be caused by me or by fixing previous owner's bodges. I was originally going to import a Silvia S14 Kouki before I gave up and went after R32s.

Sorry to bring up an old car when you've got this new beast but I'm planning to get one in the future as a track/drift car :) Kouki are the best one's lol

looks wicked mate! stick some alcon calipers on it and what wheels you gonna put on lol??

It's off on R33 GTR Brembos, seeing as my mate has had his S15 written off by a dozy slut. The Regas, of course.

Nah that's fine Jared, I'm more than happy talking about previous cars, unlike some who become blinded by their new shiny & forget anything else existed.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
It's off on R33 GTR Brembos, seeing as my mate has had his S15 written off by a dozy slut. The Regas, of course.

Nah that's fine Jared, I'm more than happy talking about previous cars, unlike some who become blinded by their new shiny & forget anything else existed.

How did you go abouts obtaning the skyline? Call the,, give a budget and what you want, then they find and import? Dd you find it simple or hard work?

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Lovely!

BP Ulitmate is shite. Stick a bit of octane booster in there until you get a tank of Shell in it, my old Audi was the same. As is the Golf.

How did you go abouts obtaning the skyline? Call the,, give a budget and what you want, then they find and import? Dd you find it simple or hard work?

Pretty much, although I was checking the auctions daily anyway. It was very simple, seeing as they did all the hard stuff!

found any hooker calling cards yet? only christ will ever know what went on in mine!!!

No?! All I got was that stupid radar thing. Didn't even get any piss soaked panties or anything :(

Oh M Gee!

A Tefal Avanti Classic!

LOL. TAC, No s**t.

Lovely!

BP Ulitmate is s**te. Stick a bit of octane booster in there until you get a tank of Shell in it, my old Audi was the same. As is the Golf.

I know it is, but it was the only choice I had bar running out of fuel on the A1. It's nearly gone anyway.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
For a car thats done 126000 km, brilliantly. It's very tight still, tyres have a horrible flatspot from being sat still for months on end so you get the old wheel wobble, but they're s**t Jap tyres anyway that can't cope with our climate very well. Power delivery wise, it's fully spooled around 3.5k and just keeps going until the redline comes. It'll spin up in 1st & 2nd, and it has no qualms about stepping out of shape coming off roundabouts in 2nd/3rd if you provoke it. It's very conservative on engaging the 4WD TBH, I barely saw the "Front Torque" gauge move up from 0 apart from when I was being stupid with it! HICAS is a little spooky but makes the turn in very direct, I'll give that a few months to see if I get used to it, if not I may lock it out. Driving position feels pretty much exactly how the S14A did, plus it's insane seeing those bubble arches in the door mirrors and the spoiler in the rear view. The engine noise, it's beautiful. Boomy when cruising though but the exhaust isn't JASMA stamped (and I've found no identifying marks on it either), and that's with the Catalytic Converter still fitted. It hints at popping & banging, a decat will bring the noise on overrun :D. Brake wise, they're shocking, same size as standard S14/A brakes up front, which we both know sucked on a less powerful & lighter car! They stop you, but I daren't take it up to silly speed until they get sorted out lol.

The only bad thing from the drive down is it seems to pink at high revs on the BP Ultimate I had to put in it to get home, but again the S14A hated that stuff too, and it was fine when I test drove it.

I wish I had a toaster boot install, now that could be an upcoming must have mod.

I still have a small giggle to myself with that in the Evo. Must be something else in an R32! Cracking purchase m8!

D.

Lol cheers mate.

Had 2 muscle bound bum boys in an E46 M3 Cab fancy a race from the lights tonight at Xscape in Castleford, had a cold engine though having just left there so left them to speed off & rim each other.

In other news, V-Power hasn't cured my misfire, so that's my first chance to take it apart tomorrow. Weirdly, I'm looking forwards to it ATM. I think my interest in cars is back!

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Looks great Gaz, will be keeping an eye on this!

Funny how 'hobby' type cars refuel your love for das auto.

Looks like I've cured the misfire for the time being, but haven't took it on a long run yet, could be a high engine bay temps thing.

All I did was gap the plugs down to 0.7mm from 1mm, clean a couple of earths and poke about various ignition components with a multimeter lol.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Tinkering i think its called....

I love working on cars and fixing stuff, would love it even more if i had an R32 GTR though.

As ive said before, car looks great and i bet your over the moon?

I think if i owned it i would end up sneaking out the house at about 2am to go for a little drive, just because i could. :D