ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

*Gauging interest* Test Track Day, Haynes Motor Museum

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Hi folks.

p_qxwxGv.jpg
p_V1eQpL.jpg

Haynes Motor Museum in Somerset have spent most of the year in redevelopment and have just reopened their test track (with new tarmac I may add). The motor museum has been completely rebuilt and has some awesome machinery there from all ages. The test track is available for hire, and from previous experience testing single seaters there you pretty much get the keys for the day.

The test track isn't huge but it's plenty of fun for cars which handle like the Clios do. Here's a video to give you an idea;

The routine for a full day's track time is start at 10am, play until 1pm, have an enforced lunch from 1pm til 2pm (although it's better to walk around the museum during this time and just have your lunch trackside during the morning session) then resume until 5pm.

As we literally have the track to ourselves we'd be able to set up a cheeky little sprint, or do 20 minutes just driving around the track, whatever. I think we're limited to 15 cars, so it should give you plenty of seat time.

The rough date I'm aiming for is september, as there's CSS and quite a bit of other stuff in the next two months. The price for a whole day between 15 cars is £1140, which equates to £76 per car which really isn't too bad.

I'm waiting for a reply on the decibel limit for the track but having run bike engined cars there I doubt it's going to be too restrictive.

So far interested are;
1. McGherkin
2. L33th3tr33
3. Stopherson (possibly +1 car)

Add your names for a great day out ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, the price ain't perfect (it's what's on their website) but I'll be looking to see if I can't get some off.

Looking at previous threads the limit is 98dB. I'll get a confirmation on this.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
A few people are complaining that this is too close to Trax and Forge Action Day, so would like it moved. July and august are too busy so it's looking like October.

As a result I'll be taking £20 deposits nearer the time when we have a date.

Clio 172 Cup
I'd be up for this and I'll be taking it easy..!

1. McGherkin

2. L33th3tr33
3. Stopherson
4. Richy182.
5. Lawro
6. Wrighty.
7. Bradalar
8. Piranhamatt

banther

ClioSport Club Member
1. McGherkin
2. L33th3tr33
3. Stopherson
4. Richy182.
5. Lawro
6. Wrighty.
7. Bradalar
8. Piranhamatt
9. Banther
10. RonDaveRon (Possible)

I'd be interested, but not at £76 for the seat time you'd get compared to that of waiting for the other 14 to have their stints.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Nothing like a bit of relaxed 'Sunday afternoon Motorsport' as I like to call sprint racing lol. I'm waiting on a response from them at the moment but I'll be asking if they can do something about the price.

Last time I was asked about going it was £25 per car. You can do a full day at Llandow for £80.

Plus at Llandow you can have more than one car out at a time, thus allowing you to go on and off as many times as you like without affecting anyone else.

For that reason I wouldn't be interested if it was 20 minute stints each as it wouldn't be worth it.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
A word of warning to those that haven't been before.

Some corners have zero run off. :-(

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not hosting this any more. If people want to sit and complain about every detail they can organise their own s**t.

Apologies to those who don't fall into that category, but I'm not prepared to take on the financial responsibility when people are perfectly happy to sign up but when it comes to the crunch they suddenly decide it's the worst thing in the world and bail out.