ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gaming monitor differences/£££££.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  No car. To speak of.
Past 12 months I've been using the Asus vs248hr monitor on the PS4, was circa £115 on Amazon.

Birthday looming end of May I'm thinking of asking for a contribution to a 'better' monitor.

With a budget of let's say £250-300 am I going to notice lots of difference?.

R3k1355

ClioSport Club Member
What sort of games do you play?

A more expensive monitor could support faster refresh rate or 4K resolution, if your PS4 does of course.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  No car. To speak of.
Think the PS4 is limited to 60hz?. Will be looking at the ps5 when it comes out and assume it will be 120 plus?

Shooters. Cod, BF4 etc

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  No car. To speak of.
Top end of budget but I enjoy gaming (when I get chance) so better to invest in the best I can afford

Simon998

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph2 172, 106 Rallye
Like I said, I haven't been reading much about them recently so their may be better out there for the price.

Don't be afraid of Korean brands like Crossover, I've had a few and they're still running flawlessly.

F82 M4
If it's for a PS4 then I'd just recommend a decent HDR TV instead

If it's for a PC then you can look at a 144hz one in that budget

EDIT: Just read it could be considered for a PS5. Need to know what HZ they plan on running at

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  No car. To speak of.
I used to play on the 50 odd inch wall mounted TV in the lounge.

I find the monitor much better to play on.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Next-gen consoles will be HDMI 2.1+ with support for VRR, QMS and per-scene dynamic HDR (4k @120Hz, 8K @ 60Hz). It's unlikely there will be enough grunt to run 8k games at 60fps though! :p

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
  Civic
I wouldn't recommend a TV unless it has really low input latency less than 30ms I think is classed as low for a TV but most gaming monitors are 1ms. Especially if your playing fps etc. I hate my current TV for that!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182
I wouldn't recommend a TV unless it has really low input latency less than 30ms I think is classed as low for a TV but most gaming monitors are 1ms. Especially if your playing fps etc. I hate my current TV for that!
This - definitely. You really don't notice how inferior (the majority) of TVs are in comparison to a decent monitor - until you try it. When I connect the PC to the TV via SteamLink, I have to be selective on what I can play. Anything requiring rapid screen refreshing such as AAA FPS or racing games look blurred and laggy.

Resolution to me is always secondary. I'd rather have super slick 120/144hz, flawless 1440 resolution than a slower, larger display outputting 4K. Once you see it, you never want to go back.

As @SharkyUK says - the grunt required to push 8K along well enough is going to be very, very high indeed....

Standard 1080 HD pixel count = 2,073,600
(QHD) 1440 pixel count = 3,686,400
4K pixel count = 8,294,400
8K pixel count = 33,177,600!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  No car. To speak of.
Would people advise going for a TN with a better response time1ms, or a IPS panel with a 5ms and better quality picture but with maybe a slower refresh rate (wether it's noticeable?).