ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Game you're most eagerly anticipating in 2016

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Pre-ordered Total War : Warhammer last night. Due at the end of April.
I hope the Creative Assembly do the licence justice? It could be the starting point of a limitless genre for them - especially if they have got the official Games Workshop approval.

Mito Sportiva 135
Should be good. Wish it was coming on console. I prefer the 40K stuff though personally - a new Dawn of War would be awesome! Even if it was just the original with more units, prettier graphics and bigger maps.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Yea I'm f**king bored of strategy based Warhammer games, need some proper action.
Dawn of war was brilliant fun, this is shaping up to be a good laugh:

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Battlefield 5, hopefully it won't be futuristic and still on the same theme as the other BF's, great battle experience and more realism than other games out there

They (and COD) have done the whole futuristic thing to death really, I think it'd be cool to base it around the 1900's, maybe with abit of steam-punk twist, but with more of a darker angle than Bioshock.

Mito Sportiva 135
Yea I'm f**king bored of strategy based Warhammer games, need some proper action.
Dawn of war was brilliant fun, this is shaping up to be a good laugh:

What is that? I used to be Dark Angels and had all the terminators. My guilty pleasure is looking in Games Workshop windows when I see one

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Cuphead - Reminds me of the visuals from a particularly odd cocktail of Big Ken & Mushrooms. Nice to see something different.
The Division - Because Marc said so / had my eye on it for a while.
Gears of War 4 - Great times on this in the past playing coop. Hope for more of the same.
Homefront: The Revolution - Open world FPS with real weapons and the chance to shoot Koreans in the face? Winner.
Kingdom: The deliverance - RPG Medieval stylee.
Mafia III - Apparently it wont be linear.
Mass Effect Andromeda - Best RPG on 360 comes to One.
Quantum Break - Again been in the media for donkeys. Keen to see how it turns out.
Recore - ONly seen a little glimpse but the visuals look fantastic. Will be nice to have a 'not so serious' game in the pack.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Cuphead - Reminds me of the visuals from a particularly odd cocktail of Big Ken & Mushrooms. Nice to see something different.
The Division - Because Marc said so / had my eye on it for a while.
Gears of War 4 - Great times on this in the past playing coop. Hope for more of the same.
Homefront: The Revolution - Open world FPS with real weapons and the chance to shoot Koreans in the face? Winner.
Kingdom: The deliverance - RPG Medieval stylee.
Mafia III - Apparently it wont be linear.
Mass Effect Andromeda - Best RPG on 360 comes to One.
Quantum Break - Again been in the media for donkeys. Keen to see how it turns out.
Recore - ONly seen a little glimpse but the visuals look fantastic. Will be nice to have a 'not so serious' game in the pack.
We need to play The Division together

/love

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
What is that? I used to be Dark Angels and had all the terminators. My guilty pleasure is looking in Games Workshop windows when I see one

The main reason why I took a punt on the Total War game. It appears that the Vampire Counts are a faction to play in it. If the engine is sound in design and stability - there's no reason at all why it can't be transferred to the WH40K setting.

Mito Sportiva 135
Definitely. There is some really interesting lore and lots of variety in the different 40K factions so it would be really cool I think.
Nothing is cooler than a squad of Space Marines...unless they are Dark Angel Terminator Space Marines. In a tank!

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member

It's Space Hulk, one of the smaller game types they run.
The premise is pretty much you're a group of Terminators roaming around huge ships taken over by Alien beasts.

If the developer do the game justice it'll be wicked fun!

Mito Sportiva 135
Yep sounds cool. I love the look and personality of all the 40K stuff - so if you can heavily customise your squad's looks and kit (like a modern day Syndicate Wars) then I'm in.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I got a beta code for Division but don't know if I've missed the cut off for downloading it?

Also pre-ordered an Occulus Rift for sh**s and giggles, should be fun with EliteDangerous / StarCitizen if nothing else.

Mito Sportiva 135
Most games looks worse in reality compared to press demos. It's virtually the norm! Showing a game with crap graphics but saying 'its got great longevity' isn't going to grab attention when you have 5 minutes to impress.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Oh yeah I know its the norm - even more so when Ubisoft is behind it. I dont give a hoot about graphics (oh hai FO4) but a lot of peeps do.

In press talks they were discussing the benefits of the Snowdrop engine - true reflections, weather affected environment, destruction etc. and showing gameplay with that running. None of that is in the released game.

Dont shoot the messenger! Just FYI'ing you all. I've preordered.

If you really REALLY give a f**k;

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Hopefully the beta will get a positive response - it's the next game I'm looking forward to apart from Unravel.

Mito Sportiva 135
Oh yeah I know its the norm - even more so when Ubisoft is behind it. I dont give a hoot about graphics (oh hai FO4) but a lot of peeps do.

In press talks they were discussing the benefits of the Snowdrop engine - true reflections, weather affected environment, destruction etc. and showing gameplay with that running. None of that is in the released game.

Dont shoot the messenger! Just FYI'ing you all. I've preordered.

If you really REALLY give a f**k;

Fair point if they used the graphics as a selling point then changed them!

banther

ClioSport Club Member
What's wrong with it? I haven't preordered yet so haven't played beta, nor have I had any time to watch any streams.
Nothing 'wrong' with it - just didnt like/enjoy it. I thought this would maybe verge more down the 'shooter with RPG elements' but felt swang too far in the other direction - this is a beta though. Will probably end up buying the game but will wait until released.

I didnt like MGS 5 though either and everyone loves that.

Mito Sportiva 135
i didn't get the beta but seems to be heavily RPG with action rather than action with RPG. I love Destiny as has a good balance of first class shooting and RPG elements, but wouldn't mind a few more stats!

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeah I like the basic recipe of RPG mixed with good combat and a social experience...but also being able to do things solo if I want too.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I like the basic recipe of RPG mixed with good combat and a social experience...but also being able to do things solo if I want too.

I personally thought the Mass Effect games did a good attempt at this. And although ME3 was a good way to round up the trilogy - I thought ME2 had the edge over it.

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
I've just been watching videos of Firewatch, looks intriguing. Something quite different which should be good.