ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fully comprehensive car insurance

FF Racing Blue 182
hi guys me and my partner are insured with admiral multi-car

however the other day on the motorway at rush hour a slip road entering the motorway causes the traffic to come to a slow crawl and at this point a guy rear ended the car behind our focus and then they hit ours

after taking some details i came home to call insurance to get a courtesy car arranged but was soon told i would be getting a hire car and i would need to enter into an agreement but i declined the offer and went direct to the at fault driver and they gave me like for like

after some googling i came across this http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/...ware-the-car-insurance-courtesy-car-trap.html

has anyone been caught out by this because i cant remember saying i would accept this when taking out my insurance to accept any hire car

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I was under the impression if you've not got hire car cover on your car, you won't get it free?

Bumder With A Buffer
Yep a guy at work had similar. Was offered a hire car at his expense (and rather a lot inflatedly of course)

He refused the car when they drove up and mentioned the above as the insurance company did not make this clear that this was the case.

Its all rather silly..the insurance company offer you a hire car, they then charge way over the odds for said hire car, then the insurance company can try and take money from you. ITs crap and needs looking at IMO

FF Racing Blue 182
i always took it for granted fully comp was free courtesy car whoever was at fault ive heard someone got charged 12k for a merc for 42 days

ill need to be more on the ball from now on and to add my insurance told me not to speak to the at fault driver but im glad i did

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I've never thought it meant it! Hence the choice of it when getting quotes.

I was bumped recently. And I went to that exact same accident management company as the example at the bottom.

I was given a Cooper SD for 4 weeks whilst they messed about discussing the repair of my car. The accident management company passed the repair bill, the hire car costs and a few other expenses on to the at fault insurer and I had no problems what so ever.

Silver Clio 172 Phase 1
Just a word of warning.. you are with an insurance group who load for non-fault claims, your price is likely to go up next year unfortunately.

Ollie
Sky Insurance

Tel: 01707 642552

http://www.skyinsurance.co.uk/car-club-insurance.html

Will definatly go up, i was on admiral multicar for me and the mrs, my car got hit in my works car park insurance went from 550 for both of us to over £900! even though i specifically asked admiral if it would affect my premium etc and they said no!
When it came to renewal time they said "as ive had a non-fault claim i'm statistically more likely to make an at fault claim in the next 2 years" ffs i wasnt even in the car!

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
That's why I'm going to be moving away from Admiral. Unforunately had a non-fault claim as someone hit my car on the drive whilst I was in bed. Speculative quotes indicate that my insurance will go up circa £100 for this.

Will try the traders on here I think come renewal.

107 Track Car & C4
Don't all insurance companies do this?

Despite this, Admiral group has always been cheaper for the other half even with her non-fault accident.

Greenlight haven't bumped the price up with me for my non-fault claim. Admiral group wanted around £170-180 more!

330Ci (Fail)Sport
That's a lot, I've found it's about 10% more.

Greenlight were massively uncompetitive this year for me on a standard car, about 36% more than Admiral.

I had a non fault claim 2 years ago (someone went into the back) now and its affected my premiums every year! in retrospect I will always try and settle privately as I thought I would do ok by going through insurance but I'l be paying extra every year for 5 years on both my cars = LOSER

FF Racing Blue 182
insurance is up next month so i will know then what the damage is

two days after that bump the windscreen got cracked by a stone hitting it so that was £75 to replace i will be in for a big rise i reckon