ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fuel economy

Ive just got 275 miles from a full tank on my clio rt. costs 25 quid to fill up i let it go from totally full to the light coming on telling me to get to a pump sharpish. is this amount of miles good? ive got a k&n fitted btw, would this be making my fuel consumption worse? whats miles per gallon am i getting with this?

Golf 1.4 TSI

i get that in my 172, nearly 400 last week but that was a steady 70mph long motorway journey depends on petrol tank size maybe different

hmm i only went on the motorway once while i was testing my fuel economy. is what i got out of the full tank good then or not ya reckon? i was considering getting a derv (sigh) to try n get some extra fuel economy but im a petrol head thru n thru n dont wana have to do that!

Golf 1.4 TSI

not sure but when i fill it up it resets those bit automatically, i usually press the button on the dash to reset anyway. costs me about 35quid to fill my tank with petrol using optimax. get on average 300 miles

VaVa

Quote: Originally posted by Audin_RT on 24 November 2003

hmm i only went on the motorway once while i was testing my fuel economy. is what i got out of the full tank good then or not ya reckon? i was considering getting a derv (sigh) to try n get some extra fuel economy but im a petrol head thru n thru n dont wana have to do that!
Whats the capacity of your fuel tank in litres? Or can you remember how much you paid for your fuel (per litre)?

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

The onboard computer lies.... always will... my cup gives me such random statements about fuel consumption. Like £5 will, according to the computer, last £80 miles at 30mpg. but it never does, or on some occassions last longer.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

The computer can never be completly accurate though can it ? it doesnt know how long your going to be stuck in traffic, or whether your gonna put your foot down.

At best it is an educated guess.