ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fuel Economy and Engine Efficiency Improvements

1.5dci 80bhp
When I use to own a Vauxhall Cailbra 2ltr 16v many years ago and help run a vaulhall car club we tried the Power Boost on a rolling road with before and after results as the company offered us free samples to try I again about 2bhp after using it so did make a bit of a difference on an engine with 124,000 miles as for the ecotek was given one to try and tbh I removed it within minutes as it bleeds a small amount of air in and all I could hear was the sound of the air being drawn in.

RS Clio 182
So do you think the powerboost is better for high mileage cars as mine is around 50K? I knew that little device might be too good to be true unless there are others out there that can prove me wrong.
Thanks.

Tangoed Works
bit of coke on the engine is a good thing as things can flow smoother. if your on 100k it may be worth a shot. 50k... better off just putting the money towards your next service imo.

1.5dci 80bhp
Powerboost I think depends on how well the engine has been serviced in the first place, if your car has been serviced more than the manufacture recommends meaning some people change there oil every 3000 to 4000 thousand miles when having a high performance engine then I don’t see any need for powerboost I only used it because it was a free sample from the company as they wanted someone to write up an independent report on how well the product worked. Remember we’ve had turbo charged/superchargers and high revving engine for years and we didn’t need additives then as we didn't have them, the fuel you put in your car has over the years has improved, engines burn cleaner now, so tbh I wouldn’t waste your money on it if your servicing is kept up, I think the only people who may gain from it are those who drive around town all the time and never take there car for a good blast down the motorway to clear the crap out from time to time and it just builds up.