ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front wipers froze, now wont work.

Ph2 Clio 172
I started the car this morning without noticing the front wipers were frozen to the screen. The arms tried to move and then stopped. However having cleared the ice and turned the car off and on the wipers now won't work at any setting. The rear still works fine.

Any idea where I should look first before taking it to a garage. I'm busy all week before a track day on Saturday so need to get it sorted asap.

Cheers

Ph2 Clio 172
I've had to head off to work, I'm already late. I will check everything I can when I get home.

A quick Google suggests checking the relays too, but I can't find where these would be in the 172. Any ideas?

Ph2 Clio 172
Just a thought, if its the motor would the relay still make a click? And therefore if there isn't a click its likely a problem with the relay or fuses?

Ph2 Clio 172
Ill do some diagnostics tonight. My assumptions are:

No clicking = fuse or relay
Clicking but no motor noise = motor
Clicking and motor noise = threads stripped

Anything else I should check?