ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front shock replacement?!?

1.4 Clio sport
Hello

Its my first time changing front shocks on my Clio?? Is this an easy job or better taken to a garage??

Is there a guide on here as a friend recommended me and said there is loads of help?!

I have a 1.4 Clio sport 2000 w reg :S

lambpie

ClioSport Club Member
  PH2 Clio 172
on a scale of 1 to 10

with ten being the hardest.

I'd describe it as a two.. you just need a decent set of sockets and spanners

You might also need a set of spring compressors, you don't have to use them on the 172/182's but im not sure about the 1.4

lambpie

ClioSport Club Member
  PH2 Clio 172
I suppose re-applying false nails after changing them adds a one to the difficulty! ;-)

1.4 Clio sport
Thank you!! No not lowering just replacing them as need doing befor mot,

2/10.....doesn't seem too bad but think I'll skip the reapplying false nail part

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
If its same top strut as 172/182...the swan neck 21mm spanner was pain to get from regular shop (Halfords) so went online.

MG ZR 1.8
Yeah +1 on the spanner. Couldn't find one anywhere in a store.

Ps, I have a blonde moment when trying to re fit the shock. It wouldn't line up with the two bottom bolt holes, make sure both sides of the car are jacked up. ;)
Simple mistake! Haha

lambpie

ClioSport Club Member
  PH2 Clio 172
I think most things car related are just patience, confidence and the right tools (pink tools in Stephies case!)

..and if my experience is anything to go by garages don't always do a very good job!