ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front panel behind grill new clio

If i remove the panel behind the grill to let more air get to my ik, will there be any problems of water getting to the filter and into the engine.

I think this is the one that Fred, Bambam and I removed on Bambams car after the Midlands RR day, so Bambam, any issues with it sinces its gone?

Ive removed mine..... Yes the filter gets wet when it pisses hard and yes it picks up lots of dirt but long as u clean it regular it seems to have more power with the plastic bit off.....

only problem i have experienced is dust getting into the engine bay

not too much of a problem

personally think it has improved airflow by quite a bit

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc

I have my air filter sitting right behind this hole and she gets plenty of cold air from it.

But i did notice the engine getting very dirty and dusty but i couldnt be arsed cleaning it.

So there is no chance of water getting through the filter and reaching the engine? Would like to remove the cover as the filter still gets really warm. Just want to make sure nothing else can be effected!

Mondeo STTDCI

I am looking at doing this too. Maybe a better effect would be to drill holes in the panel?