ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

French car show - 5th June 2011

il be there and probs have my clio up on the cs stand.. nice 2 see your car yesterday brian. 1st time iv seen ly in the metal

Clio with v6 kit
I will travel up some time on the saturday, visit our 'area' at the show for some strategic setting out in preparation for sunday, then back to a near by hotel for food and bed. Then wake up stupidly early on sun for the show. After several hours parking cars, talking to lots of nice (and probably some not so nice) ClioSport members and selling the odd bit of merchandise. I will head back home and look forward to a lay-in on monday morning (which i've already booked off work)

ill definately be wanting go this year, not one of the most interesting car shows for the neutrals but for french car lovers its a must, plus i need go see brian again, my cs hoodie is literally worn out, and the cs stand was very welcoming and id say got the best spot, although i dont know if ill be as welcome this year as my clio now has 911 wheels :rasp:

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
il be there and probs have my clio up on the cs stand.. nice 2 see your car yesterday brian. 1st time iv seen ly in the metal

Cheers, likewise. If you do make it to Fcs, jon_r will be pleased to see J9 (if he makes it too)

ill definately be wanting go this year, not one of the most interesting car shows for the neutrals but for french car lovers its a must, plus i need go see brian again, my cs hoodie is literally worn out, and the cs stand was very welcoming and id say got the best spot, although i dont know if ill be as welcome this year as my clio now has 911 wheels :rasp:

Good to hear you thought the CS stand was welcoming. Don't worry though, you'll always be welcome no matter what wheels you're running ;)
Sounds like you've had a lot of use out of your hoodie, is it worn out to the extent that it now has extra holes!

Clio with v6 kit
Cheers, likewise. If you do make it to Fcs, jon_r will be pleased to see J9 (if he makes it too)

Good to hear you thought the CS stand was welcoming. Don't worry though, you'll always be welcome no matter what wheels you're running ;)
Sounds like you've had a lot of use out of your hoodie, is it worn out to the extent that it now has extra holes!

it was kept tidy for a while, then gradually went down the clothing ladder until i was using it scralling under cars :( certainly got more value for money out of it than anything ive bought off the high street, so want another one, the hood pull string went missing in the wash, and yeah there is more holes, if i had five arms it would be perfect :cool: but it wore very very well, much better than brand name ones, ive still got it.......

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
We'll do you a good deal on a replacement! Let me know if there's a particular size,colour,style you want as I won't be bringing the entire CS stock of clothing

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I might get a hoody for work ;)

Beej is your car the LY V6 rep with the sound system in the back?

If so i love that car!

soon to be 182 ;)
Tickets etc now available to purchase from the Fcs shop

http://www.frenchcarshow.co.uk/shop/home.php

We hope most of you will want to display your car with ClioSport this year, to do this, please select cliosport as your chosen club when ordering tickets. You will then receive the necessary car pass with your entry ticket(s)

You can also join the Fcs Facebook group to keep updated with news about the show etc
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=43218225667&ref=ts#!/group.php?gid=43218225667&v=wall

is there going to be a package from cs.net which was being talked about? if not il order my ticket

350z GT
Curborough is just down the road from me, disappointing track for me. I'd rather go to fcs!

Never been mate, but looking at it its not exactly Monza is it lol its only to see the track and get used to the format etc before we start sprinting our Kit Car

Cant wait to go to Preston to hill climb it :)

Focus RS + S3
Does your clio have to be immaculate to be on the club stand or are all members welcome??

if you want it on there, put it on there lol plus its not exactly a stand, like a raised paltfrom of any kind, just an area sectioned off for the club

you should see some of the states some cars turn up in with other clubs etc

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
is there going to be a package from cs.net which was being talked about? if not il order my ticket

Anything we do at Fcs won't involve us dealing with ticket admin. The Fcs team always do a brilliant job with distributing tickets etc, so we'll leave it to them.
Please purchase all tickets etc direct from the Fcs organisers.

LY200
Never been mate, but looking at it its not exactly Monza is it lol its only to see the track and get used to the format etc before we start sprinting our Kit Car

ah right, what kit car you got? me and my old an are building an mk idny deluxe. will be awsome when its done

Fiesta ST-2

I'm gonna give curborough a go this year drive past it every day to work never even realised it was their until recently lol.

soon to be 182 ;)
Anything we do at Fcs won't involve us dealing with ticket admin. The Fcs team always do a brilliant job with distributing tickets etc, so we'll leave it to them.
Please purchase all tickets etc direct from the Fcs organisers.

aah ok cheers

350z GT
ah right, what kit car you got? me and my old an are building an mk idny deluxe. will be awsome when its done

Its a variation of the car that Rawr are now building, dunno if you were at autosport but they had a red one with a carbon interior on their stand :)

shoulbe be around 550-600bhp per ton when it has its new engine :) :) fun times!!!

LY200
Its a variation of the car that Rawr are now building, dunno if you were at autosport but they had a red one with a carbon interior on their stand :)

shoulbe be around 550-600bhp per ton when it has its new engine :) :) fun times!!!

Holy s**t! What engine is that? I thought 320bhp per tonne on a standard new 2.0 zetec engine on gsxr tb's was gone be quick. Never mind 600bhp!

Trophy #387
Are all members of ClioSport welcome, or is the stand generally intended for RS owners? I have a 1.2L and plan on attending, but I don't know whether to get a place on the "stand"... My car isn't a detriment to Clio's, but i'm just wondering if RS owners will look at me as if i'm an idiot for turning up and showing off my car that has an engine with a smaller capacity than most peoples testicles?

:approve:

Bux

Golf GTD
I'm glad you asked, as we will have the privilege of doing the parade lap this year.
More details to follow soon.

Awesome!

Are all members of ClioSport welcome, or is the stand generally intended for RS owners? I have a 1.2L and plan on attending, but I don't know whether to get a place on the "stand"... My car isn't a detriment to Clio's, but i'm just wondering if RS owners will look at me as if i'm an idiot for turning up and showing off my car that has an engine with a smaller capacity than most peoples testicles?

:approve:

Yes you are allowed on the stand. I went last year with my 1.2, and there are normally quite a few non-sports that go

Bux

Golf GTD
how do you be a part of the parade lap? ill be on stand either way so its all good!

IIRC the club that gets to do the parade lap has a special section for their club stand, which makes it easier for the majority (if not all) of the club members to drive round track. It's normally right next to the trade stand.

Below is the 2010 layout, and Saxperience (right hand side) got to do the parade lap.

showground1.jpg

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Yes, as Bux says, All Clio's are welcome on the stand. We always get a few 1.2's etc, the majority is RS's though.

More info regarding the parade lap will follow in due course.

350z GT
Holy s**t! What engine is that? I thought 320bhp per tonne on a standard new 2.0 zetec engine on gsxr tb's was gone be quick. Never mind 600bhp!

This is with a zetec engine that Rawr are developing atm....has supercharger fitted, cams etc etc....they have it at around 320bhp too so our car will weigh in at around 500kg to 600kg :)

POWER!!! lol

LY200
pure power! lol, well we've got a new 2.0 zetec engine, gsxr tb's, megasquirt ecu, will have cams soon then its just the build and the set up. cant wait!

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
We are in the club parking, to the right under the DS3 thing. Basicly where we normally are