ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

French car show - 5th June 2011

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
when we stay "get on the stand" we mean be admitted to park your car on the stand!!

youre welcome to visit any part of the show you like!!

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
If it's windy again today, please be very careful when opening your car doors.
We will do our best to ensure you all park with plenty of room.

See you all in less than 4 hours!

Thanks

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Not bad.
Thanks to everyone that attended and came to say hello, greater thanks to all those that helped with parking and sorting the marquee.
Even more so, all the admin team in attendance - awesome.

Dispite the wind and rain

Good to meet you Brian, and the rest of the admin crew. Oh and all the members that I spoke to today!! Im really looking forward to ClioSport Saturday now!

I left just at the right time. Just as I pulled out, it started to rain ;)

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Almost forgot, the massive bar of Dairy Milk I accepted on behalf of the team was very much well received.

Certainly cheered me up!

Cheers! I won't say who from because you'll probably get abuse!

Clio v6
Was good to see yet another great CS turn out, and well done admin for all your hard work. :approve:

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers! I won't say who from because you'll probably get abuse!

It was Paul.

My personal highlight of the show was Brian being asked where a guys membership pack was who joined just 4 days ago lol

Last edited:
  Z4 Coupe
Really good day! Nice to put some names to faces:) Nice to meet the admin too. Welldone fella's, Good job!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Seriously? That's erm... mental.

I do hope Tom never heard that question. Can you ban someone in person? I'm not sure how RL works anymore. :eek:

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
We had a few " Were is my membership pack I joined yesterday and it's not here" but other than that it was a great day tbh! Every one was very sociable too which was a change!

It was Paul.
My personal highlight of the show was Brian being asked where a guys membership pack was who joined just 4 days ago lol
Cheers Mike. (No problem Brian btw)
That was actually epic. I like how Luke instantly passed him onto Brian. Like the real life forum, y0!

Really good day! Nice to put some names to faces:) Nice to meet the admin too. Welldone fella's, Good job!
I actually wanted to speak to you properly and have a look around your RB mate. Looks mint anyway!!
Only spoke to you for that second in the line for the parade lap (which was quality btw).

Z4 Coupe
I actually wanted to speak to you properly and have a look around your RB mate. Looks mint anyway!!
Only spoke to you for that second in the line for the parade lap (which was quality btw).

I know, Followed you in the convoy, then didnt see you again until the parade lap, Thought to myself, I'm gonna stop and say y0!

I had a good look around your RB, What a beauty

I know, Followed you in the convoy, then didnt see you again until the parade lap, Thought to myself, I'm gonna stop and say y0!

I had a good look around your RB, What a beauty

Yup, exactly the same lol. I was thinking on the way down, ahh yeah, I bet we'll be parked together so ill have a chat then... Didnt happen :p
And thanks... Gotta love the RB's.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Good to have a catch up with some of you and put a few more faces to names today. CS stand was decent and the parade lap was a nice touch, but didn't think much of the rest of the show tbh.

So shattered now, been up since 4, lol!

Ph2 172 MB 77/468
Not a bad day. Daughter played up like a goodun and drove me insane. And had to go in the astra as i couldnt pick the clio up from fred yesterday

Clio 1.2 16v
Really enjoyed today. Thanks goes to the CS team who done a good job of getting us sorted.
Thought the parade lap was good, plenty of videos of that im sure.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Seriously? That's erm... mental.

I do hope Tom never heard that question. Can you ban someone in person? I'm not sure how RL works anymore. :eek:

Luckly the two people that asked did it when i was out of earshot.

Thanks guys, i get up at 6am expecting for a day of fail, then 180 of you orrible lot turn up and make me proud.
Cheers guys, without you FCS would litterarly be half the show it is today. Admin are very very pleased.

And well done for being sensible on the parade lap, reputation intact!

Heres to FCS 2012. see you guys in a couple of months at CSS

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Benton seal of approval! :D

Well played guys. Everyone knows what parade laps can be like!

Was fairly good today, shame I was quite hungover and forgot to get cash out before entering :( Luckily I had brought a 'dinner' of some description with me.

Good to meet the admin team as well! Everyone was very friendly as usual :)

Roll on CSS.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Shame i had to leave before the lap :(

I did a total of 500miles and only seen one RS and that was on my way back up o_O

172 Cup
Top weekend! Although i was goosed this morning off the drink lol.

I thought CS done them selves proud with a great turnout and some quality motors on show. It was nice to meet a few people and have a look at peoples car in person! Roll on FCS 12 :)

Clio 197
brilliant day, enjoyed the parade lap and my 15 minutes on the track afterwards (even if my standard exhaust did melt my bumper!), the clio boys attendance put the rest to shame :)

just got in now, time for a brew in the new CS mug!

Was great meeting a lot of new faces! Despite Dan trying to get us to eat Ants.

Got a nice pic of Revel's car with Boosh in shot too, and may even put a cheeky video of him up, too.

PH1 iceburg
I went to this today and i have to say it was a real let down. The cliosport stand by far put the others to shame. A real tribute to both the staff and members.

I thought the whole day really lacked something. The attendance, i thought was really poor compared to other years. Cant wait for cliosport saturday as it will just be us and no other plonkers.

Whos car broke down on the parade lap? (i have a pic)

My favourite car of the day was the yellow v6 trophy. Shame he put it in the gravel.

Rs tunings r26r was mental blasting round the track.

big boost cup
This was my first time there today had a really good day. Lots of epic cars there favorite was the impreza drift beast pops and bangs daddy.
was nice to meet a few new people. will defo be going on track next year.

A_J

Renault clio 2002
Jenic

That was me who asked about the membership
Was that really your highlight of the day?

I didnt like it so dont know if i go next year

Last edited:

Owen

ClioSport Admin
Despite Dan trying to get us to eat Ants.

They actually improved the more you ate, I actually quite enjoyed my third one.

Edited to add, thanks to the adminz for their hospitality and good banter, even if it did mean I missed half the stands!

S4 Avant
Jenic

That was me who asked about it
Was that really your highlight of the day?

What you have to remember is that Brian does these membership packs and posts them in his spare time. He doesn't do it for a living, and isn't paid to do it.

He does a very good job of it, but sometimes it may take a few days.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Was nice to meet some new faces and chat to some old ones.

Sorry to those who I didn't recognise in the morning, I was not in a good way.

Girlsname, I didnt even see you :-(

R

robclio182

They actually improved the more you ate, I actually quite enjoyed my third one.

Edited to add, thanks to the adminz for their hospitality and good banter, even if it did mean I missed half the stands!

Did anyone meet you this morning after cause me and kris182 was waiting in cardiff services for over half hour and no one showed up not even scott ,
we started to make our way up @4.35am and met hodgins on the way

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Good day today, still feel like the show needs some more 'stuff' just lacks something to keep me interested all day. Parade lap was great, apart from me almost going across the grass in the chicane at the end of the main straight! woops!
Shattered now though, so off to bed once ive picked Japspeed's tyres out my hair and ears.