ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

French Car Show 2013

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
longer distance = more reason for a massive convoy = more impressive when you all arrive = makes the banter escalate = worth it

for me i wouldnt really care how far it is, :L seeing as it only comes around once a year!

Say no more!
Totally agree.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Castle Combe is an hour or so away for me which makes a change to usual two or three hour drive.

Looking forward to watching the action at Quarry.

Clio 1.2
This year it's only 60 ish miles for me but in previous years I've gone to donnington and rockingham and not winged once, 4 hours drive isn't that bad make a stop every 2hrs and it splits it up nicely it's not that bad I've travelled 23 hours to Italy before and that was a drag even with about 4/5 stops... Like I said to Mark, I'm in South Wales I'd drive up north and even to Knockhill to go to FCS...

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
To all the people saying we shouldn't be whinging, I trust I'll see you all at Knockhill for PFC @ Knockhill, it'll probably be August or September.

Last edited:
  clio sold :(
Just had a look at Pfs. Looks good.
Carnt talk to mrs into nearly 6 hour drive + her comment asking if the car would make it made me wonder :l

longer distance = more reason for a massive convoy = more impressive when you all arrive = makes the banter escalate = worth it

for me i wouldnt really care how far it is, :L seeing as it only comes around once a year!

= people driving like utter tools.

I used to go past combe on my way to donnington pretty much and yet I never moaned about the same roads you are whinging about now.

If you dont like driving your car, get a different hobby, FLOL

I love driving my car - but not south on the weekend that summer holidays start stuck behind families in people carriers stopping every 20 miles to let my radiator cool down just to get to a square track in a farmers field ;)

I'd say donington is worth the hassle a fair bit more than combe is hehe

I'm tempted to come just to see the mayhem on track, Combe is a fast circuit and people on the 15 minute "oh my god I must go as quick as possible because I only have 15 minutes" sessions at FCS usually drive like utter planks, so I'm guessing more than a few will be coming home without a car.

Open pit day at Donington for me instead :D

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
Well iv only been to one fcs and it was rockingham which ttook me 4hours!

and trax also was same.

about time it came a little more south and west

Suzuki Jimny
I'm hoping this is better organised than japfest at Castle Combe. Apparently there were 3 hour queues to get it and eventually the gates were closed with the police called to turn people away.

I'm hoping this is better organised than japfest at Castle Combe. Apparently there were 3 hour queues to get it and eventually the gates were closed with the police called to turn people away.

For Japfest this year they are doing car passes instead of individual tickets. A car pass will cost 20quid and apparently this speeds things up a bit. Only time will tell if this is the case though.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Official news that Adrian Flux French Car Show all new Weekend 2013 is 27-28th July Castle Combe.

Live Arena - Car Studio (free) - speed passenger rides in caterhams - trade - new paddocks with legends, classic, retro, performance, styled, budget builds, concours and more.

Camping from Friday. Club chill day on Sunday 9-1pm with free parade laps and photoshoots

More at http://www.facebook.com/FrenchCarShow

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
For Japfest this year they are doing car passes instead of individual tickets. A car pass will cost 20quid and apparently this speeds things up a bit. Only time will tell if this is the case though.

I very much doubt fcs will be anywhere near as busy as japfest so I can't imagine that will be an issue at all tbh.

Couple of hours closer to me than Donnington, but I didnt b**ch and whinge and moan when it was there, like the northern lot are now, they only have to drive the same extra distance now that I had to before, lol

Is that aimed at me? Is Taunton a 5hour drive to donnington? No that's why you didn't 'as you say' b**ch and whinge & moan about it, unlike castle combe which is a 5hour drive for the north east lads. Donnington is just about the same distance from me as it is from you, it's probably as central as you can get for everyone (Scottish lads will always have to travel that bit more than anyone else).

Ill still end up attending as I have done for years where ever it's been held, it's the Scottish lads I feel for the most.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Is that aimed at me?
Not specifically no, just at people moaning in general.

Is Taunton a 5hour drive to donnington?
No, more like 3-4 depending on traffic, but cornwall is 5+ and yet people from there I know used to attend no problem at all.

Obviously central is always the better compromise on location, but then there are compromises that have to be made too like facilities on site for camping and the cost and the availability, so im not surprised to see them at combe as it lends itself well to an event of this nature.
If it was at silverstone for example, it would no doubt be double the cost.

No, more like 3-4 depending on traffic, but cornwall is 5+ and yet people from there I know used to attend no problem at all.

Use must be driving the long way wrong.

Obviously central is always the better compromise on location, but then there are compromises that have to be made too like facilities on site for camping and the cost and the availability, so im not surprised to see them at combe as it lends itself well to an event of this nature.
If it was at silverstone for example, it would no doubt be double the cost.

Im not doubting the cost & availability but for instance if they have saved money having it at Combe instead of donnington there's a chance of loosing money if people further north decide it's to far to go.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Use must be driving the long way wrong.
Nope, but you are obviously not aware what traffic on the M5 south of the M4 tends to be like at that time of year, lol

Im not doubting the cost & availability but for instance if they have saved money having it at Combe instead of donnington there's a chance of loosing money if people further north decide it's to far to go.

I am sure they have made educated guesses on that front and decided that going over to the 3 day format will result in a better event that is more worth travelling for, I think the half day on sunday is a master stroke TBH as it means people have plenty of time to travel home if coming from a long way away etc.

Nope, but you are obviously not aware what traffic on the M5 south of the M4 tends to be like at that time of year, lol

I am as I used to go to Plymouth to visit family.

I am sure they have made educated guesses on that front and decided that going over to the 3 day format will result in a better event that is more worth travelling for, I think the half day on sunday is a master stroke TBH as it means people have plenty of time to travel home if coming from a long way away etc.

Well let's see if your right & it pays off or it will be somewhere else again next year.